Used 1999 Chevrolet Camaro Base Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1999 Chevrolet Camaro - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camaro model:

My '99 Convertable Rocks!
By Toddrick Futter

1999 Chevrolet Camaro 2dr Convertible

I have had my car now for over a year and I drive it every day. I wrote a review when I first aquired the vehicle and rated it at about 8.6 or something like that. I was wrong. My Camaro is darn near a 10 in almost every area. This car has been very dependable and reliable, I put at least 100 miles on the car per day, 5 days out of the week, it has never let me down. I simply keep up on the regular maintance schedule, put gas in it and it keeps on going. The things that were "drawbacks" for me at first have become non-issues now that I am used to my car. I love my '99 Camaro, I never tire of driving it!

Favorite Features

The fact that it is a comvertable is still my favorite feature, there is nothing like driving with the top down on a sunny day!

Suggested Improvements

Bring back the Camaro! I want to buy a 2009/2010 Camaro convertable! Please, Chevy, bring the Camaro back! One will already be sold!

1999 Convertible Camaro
By Todd Futter Howk

1999 Chevrolet Camaro 2dr Convertible

I love this car. it handles beautifully and is a real joy to drive, especially on nice days when I can drive with the top down. The engine, a 3800 series II is sound and runs great. I get super gas milage without losing any "get up and go" My only complaint would be that the convertible is very hard to see out of when the top is up. Lack of good visibility would be my main concern with this car but other than that a super car and a great buy! (I bought mine for $6000.)

Favorite Features

The fact that it is a convertible is my favorite feature on this car.

Suggested Improvements

Visibility, although I am not sure how that would be accomplished without losing the convertible option.

Destorys the Mustang
By Eric_20

1999 Chevrolet Camaro 2dr Convertible

This car performs great. I live in a quite small city with less than 50000 people that is overfilled with crappy mustangs. Having the only camaro convertible (while being only 20 years old) is nice because of all the constant looks. Overall, it's been a great car so far and I'm gonna be with it for a long time.

Favorite Features

Excellent 0-60, sleek design, great factory sound system, and pretty much everything else.

Suggested Improvements

Start making them again!

Camaros SS
By Dave Doughty

1999 Chevrolet Camaro 2dr Convertible

Best modern day muscle car/daily driver period! Nothing can match the performance and enjoyablity without spending at least $50,000-$60,000. I would be lost without this car!!!

Favorite Features

Power, looks, handling, reliability and power again!!

Suggested Improvements

DON'T STOP MAKING THEM!!!!