1997 Chevrolet Blazer - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Blazer model:
price value of 1997 s10 blazer
By don sanders on 10/08/06 10:27 AM (PDT)

1997 Chevrolet Blazer 4dr SUV 4WD

my 1997 s10 blazer is a wonderful vehichle and i enjoy it everytime i get in it. i wish i would have bought one years ago.

My Blazer
By kelley on 06/09/06 20:33 PM (PDT)

1997 Chevrolet Blazer 4dr SUV 4WD

I love my truck. It's 4wd so I can go off road. The miles that I have put on it are from driving from Marine Corps Base Camp Lejeune, NC before and after my two deployments to Iraq. So I do a lot of freeway driving. And it pulls my trailer with no problem at all. The only thing that I have ever had go wrong with my truck was my mom ran over a stump one time in a field and dented the gas tank but that wasnt that much to fix. All in all I love my truck. and I realy don't want to get rid of it but I want a newer vehicle just like everyone on this earth does.

Good for me.
By John on 06/07/06 14:49 PM (PDT)

1997 Chevrolet Blazer 4dr SUV 4WD

As a student, I can't afford to waste money on repairs. So far with my Blazer, I've only had to replace the wiper module($60). Everything else is running perfect at 53,000 miles. I do some city driving, but mostly highway and can get over 20 mpg if I drive it easy. Sometimes I haul friends around and I've never had complaints with the interior space or cargo area. 4X4 is nice to have in the winter time.

Bad tranny
By darbycole on 03/16/06 12:37 PM (PST)

1997 Chevrolet Blazer LS 4dr SUV 4WD

i like this vehicle besides the fact that the tranny in it stinks. i've heard alot of bad things about Blazer trannies and now I can relate as my tranny went out last month. Otherwise a nice SUV. Plenty of power and a comfortable ride overall.

Nice '97 blazer
By Dichard on 03/14/06 14:00 PM (PST)

1997 Chevrolet Blazer LS 4dr SUV 4WD

Overall this was a very good used car purchase. The only thing I have had to do to this SUV is change the ball joints 3 times! Cheap OEM ball joints they just don't last. No other problems and I would recommend the vehicle. Very roomy interior and lots of space for all your traveling needs. Comfortable to drive on long trips. plenty of horse power in the Vortec V6.

Works for me
By TOMKAT on 03/02/06 18:15 PM (PST)

1997 Chevrolet Blazer LS 4dr SUV 4WD

Bought the car because it was cheap and clean. It had 83000 mi on it when we got it, now has 118000. It has had a few problems but nothing I would not have expected from a car of that milage. Key switch replaced, air cond. compressor, rear wiper motor and upper/lower ball joints.

A Jewel
By Nicholas on 12/09/05 12:45 PM (PST)

1997 Chevrolet Blazer LS 4dr SUV 4WD

Great car since I've owned it. No problems. Always starts and handling and mechanical features on the car are excellent. For being eight years old, the car drives like it is new.

S-10 Blazer 1997
By Nick on 12/07/05 08:29 AM (PST)

1997 Chevrolet Blazer LS 4dr SUV 4WD

The Blazer I drive has 205,000 miles and still runing strong with the original engine and transmission. I use synthetic Mobil 1 in it since 22,000miles.

Disapointment
By Hal on 11/05/05 15:25 PM (PST)

1997 Chevrolet Blazer LS 4dr SUV

Bought this from original owner. Had 60000 miles on it. Had to put 3500 in it within 6 months. Heard that this was 1st year for this design and many problems. When it runs it is nice but A/C, ABS, radiator and brakes didn't last. Wouldn't recomend this particular year.

1997 Chevy Blazer
By FRED on 10/20/05 18:57 PM (PDT)

1997 Chevrolet Blazer LS 4dr SUV 4WD

AC-bad compressor, bad fuel pump, bad wiper motor, blower motor, upper ball joints, tail gate jammed, bad transmission, outside mirror fell off truck, bad turn signal switch, bad rear wiper motor, bad catalytic converter, bad hazard switch, bad headlight switch, bad heater switch inside, strike plate on drivers door fell off truck and had to weld it back on. Bad gas mileage.