2014 Cadillac SRX Consumer Review: I am disappointed in my SRX

2014 Cadillac SRX - Consumer Review

Premium 4dr SUV (3.6L V6 6-speed Automatic)

I am disappointed in my SRX
By roy79 on

2014 Cadillac SRX Premium 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

The view to the rear is very poor. The back up camera is a necessity. Right turn vision is also difficult. The front seats are hard and uncomfortable. My in town gas milage is below 15 mpg. The on board computer system is very fancy with a lot of Wow factor but it is very difficult to learn and is slow to respond. It is very difficult to make any adjustment safely while driving in traffic. The fact that the car does not have a spare tire keeps me from taking it out of town. Cadillac has not been impressive even when I park it in front of their door, so I expect road service to be extremely poor or nonexistent. I paid over $50K for a car that I can't trust to drive on the highway. The air-condition system is very poor to the point that I never use the auto setting. It is NOT an air-condition system built for Texas. The rear air has to be adjusted every time you get into the car. The transmission is horrible, the worst automatic transmission I have ever seen. At times it shifts so poorly, I think it is going to jerk itself out of the car. I will not keep the car past the warranty date. I like the seat shaker and the big triangles that pop up if you have cross traffic while you are in reverse. I think it looks better than the Lexus.

• Engine

• Outward visibility
  • Climate control
  • Navigation
  • Dealership support
  • Transmission
  • Electronics
  • Fuel economy

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review