1999 Cadillac Escalade - Consumer Reviews

Base 5.7L V8 4x4 4-speed Automatic - (0 review )
Lots of problems from the get go
By Yvonne on 08/13/10 11:31 AM (PDT)

1999 Cadillac Escalade 4dr SUV AWD

I bought this vehicle in 1999 in Colorado a few months later moved to California on my road trip to California noticed a hesitation in the vehicle took it into the Dealership under warranty couldn't find the problem. The Brakes went out on me, one thing after another I have had it 11 years finally at 10 years I was told that hesitation was the Transmission so I got that replaced. I think I have almost everything replaced even the carpet in the back because the back air was leaking. Just today I replaced the Computer because nothing was running right and it kept showing problem after problem. I could go on GM was not too helpful at all and kept insisting it was nothing. No Warranty $$ then help

One Great Vehicle
By adam12 on 08/12/08 12:23 PM (PDT)

1999 Cadillac Escalade 4dr SUV AWD

This has been one great vehicle. I bought my Escalade when it had only 6000 miles on it. It now has almost 120,000 miles on it and I have not had a single maintenance issue with it. I always get the regular routine maintenance done and as a result this vehicle is still like brand new both inside and out. I get it detailed every six months and people often mistake it for a brand new Escalade. I am going to drive it for another 10 years. I am sure it will last that long.

Too Good to Give Up
By SedaliaSue on 06/23/08 12:18 PM (PDT)

1999 Cadillac Escalade 4dr SUV AWD

After owning many a car including over 24 other classic autos, I've never been as happy with the comfort of this SUV. It had a few flaws in it that I've had to deal with...the CD player not working, turning the brake drums for a smooth ride, attaching the battery cables better on a side battery and a rattle that was found as a broken plastic piece in the cowl area. Small stuff for a great ride, of course, these days I wish it would have better mileage, but with it's weight and its performance it was a quality product.

Overall Great Truck
By caddyman on 07/04/06 11:29 AM (PDT)

1999 Cadillac Escalade 4dr SUV AWD

The '99 Cadillac Escalade is a great truck. This is my second vehicle so it has way more than I was used to. But after you get used to it you can't drive in anything else. You get looks in it like no other vehicle, probably because I'm 19 years old, but thats besides the point. If I could give one bit of advice, put a chrome grille on it, that makes it look 5 years newer. I like the 5.7 Vortec engine a lot. Its acceleration is great considering the weight of the vehicle. Its 4 wheel drive is also very capable, I have tried it in sand and accelerated like I was on dry road. The Bose radio also impressed me with its volume as well as sound quality. I just added subs to give it a little extra kick. Overall I would recomend this truck.

My First SUV and My Wife won't share
By jsheesley on 12/11/05 10:40 AM (PST)

1999 Cadillac Escalade 4dr SUV AWD

I am the second owner of my 1999 Cadillac Escalade. It had 53,000 miles on it when I bought it and I paid $18,000 for it. It was cheaper much than a new one. I got the Cadillac luxury for a Chevrolet Tahoe price. I love the heated seats, Boise stereo, security sys, and Vortex engine. But who was the fool engineer who put the oil filter horizontally above the 4 wheel drive transfer case? Oil runs down my arm everytime I change it. I have hauled 20 bags of cement or 25 cement blocks with no set down problems. This truck has a great suspension. I had to change the front disc rotors, they worpt. Also, the front suspension rubber bumpers needed replaced. This truck tows a 20' ski boat no problem. When in 4WD the front end is jumpy. But 2WD provides a great ride. The tail gate hard for my wife to get down but its better that the double doors. I will buy a used one again...

It did its job well
By rwp on 08/31/05 23:25 PM (PDT)

1999 Cadillac Escalade 4dr SUV AWD

I bought this vehicle used with approximately 40,000 miles on it. I was looking for a good family SUV with some luxury. That is what I got. Gas mileage is poor, but I knew that going in. The leather seats are great, sound system is BOSE need i say more, OnStar, and a rocking entertainment system with UHF/VHF antenna on rear side windows for local programming ( you don't see that anymore). Vehicle has required some work, but nothing serious, extended warranty covered it. In the end w/gas prices and increased drive to work it has become uneconomical to own. Would reccommend to anyone with short commute.

1999 Escalade Review
By drwoman on 07/15/05 14:22 PM (PDT)

1999 Cadillac Escalade 4dr SUV AWD

Very satisfied with the performance, looks, comfort, and reliability of this car. I have driven it for 5 years and have only had routine maintenance. I hope t have it for years to come!

Great Truck
By Thomas39 on 06/01/05 14:10 PM (PDT)

1999 Cadillac Escalade 4dr SUV AWD

This vehicle is very reliable, 104k miles on it and runs like new. The most notable thing about this vehicle is how stable it is, note that this is an older generation SUV without stability control or other systems. It looks like it would have bad handeling given its size but it dosn't. Also the turning radius is outstanding. It does lack some key features like auto climate control and a sunroof.

Nice Drive & Ride
By PCF on 03/23/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Cadillac Escalade 4dr SUV AWD

First year of the Escalade, and what you get is a lot of trim on a Yukon/Tahoe package. Very nice ride. 19mpg Hwy mileage. Not a lot of extra electronics inside, but a fine luxury presentation. The seats are great. Engine has factor specs still on compression. Considering the price of new quality, large SUV's (about 45-50k) finding an older model for about 1/3 the price is a nice find. And that is what I was looking for.

Caddys=$$$
By Some pinoy guy on 11/27/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Cadillac Escalade 4dr SUV AWD

I love my escalade. It is a reliable car and I can probably use it for about three more years!!!