Used 2006 Cadillac Escalade EXT Base Crew Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Cadillac Escalade EXT Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

Base 6.0L V8 AWD 4-speed Automatic 8.1 ft. Bed - (4 reviews )

Great truck
By ALAN

2006 Cadillac Escalade EXT Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab AWD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I bought yj his truck to replace my avalanche, it is great,use it on my ranch for everything, much more power than the avalanche, have had no problems with it.Bought it certified with 36,000 miles and really enjoy driving it, and it looks great.

Everything,On star is great,good power, all wheel drive,greay handling given the size.

better fuel economy

Elegant But Not Afraid To Work!
By grutzius

2006 Cadillac Escalade EXT Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab AWD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I travel long distances, and often have to haul heavy loads. My EXT can work hard, and feel as though I'm carrying nothing! Clean her up and she is ready for valet parking at Neiman's, or the best of five star restuarants. I just love my EXT.

Though I'm female, I love my navigation, and the feel of power while driving long distances with the security of OnStar.

Though my EXT is worth every cent, I do wish we could get better gas miliege.

Lovely Ride
By VHP

2006 Cadillac Escalade EXT Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab AWD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I really like my 2006 Cadillac Escalade EXT a lot more than I did my 2003 Cadillac Excalade EXT. I drove the 2003 for two and a half years, before trading it for my 2006. The 2006's ride is a lot smoother, and is more comfortable. I drive from Georgia to Florida a least once a month, so the comfort and room that the EXT provides definately suits my needs. When I am at home, I use the EXT around our farm to carry feed and hay, it is a workhorse also.

The navagation system and the XM radio are my two favorite features. I also like the larger tires and chrome wheels. The electric top on the back is pretty neat too.

The one improvement I would like to see is in the engine. I wish that Cadillac could come up with a Northstar engine that could work with a larger vehicle, instead of the engine they now use.

My New Escalade EXT
By MochaJewl

2006 Cadillac Escalade EXT Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab AWD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I traded my 2000 Lexus RX 300 for an '06 Escalade EXT. Although I considered staying with the Lexus family, I felt that the RX 330 and GX 470 SUV's were way too small and did not offer enough features for the asking price. In the Escalade EXT, I get a bigger, sturdier vehicle, with the same luxuries (if not more), and it's so much fun to drive.

OnStar, XM satellite radio, heated seats, overall roominess, cargo space, body style... the list goes on and on.

The glove box and center console could be larger. I don't like the drop down DVD monitor in the rear... it blocks my vision in the rear view mirror. Add heated seats to the second row.