Used 2009 Cadillac Escalade ESV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Cadillac Escalade ESV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Escalade ESV model:

Very Nice
By johnh4260

2009 Cadillac Escalade ESV Platinum Edition 4dr SUV AWD (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

A very nice luxury SUV. We bought it for the internal size and features of the Platinum package. In this regard, we're very satisfied.

Exterior styling; Upgraded Platinum interior features compared to standard Escalade ESV model; Interior size and space.

Way too much interior noise (road noise, engine noise, exhaust noise) for a luxury SUV. Compared to my wife's 2008 Mercedes-Benz ML 550, the Escalade ESV Platinum is not as nice in terms of luxury. Needs Dyna-Mat insulation to quiet down the interior noise.

Wheels and Bluetooth
By scott_free

2009 Cadillac Escalade ESV 4dr SUV AWD (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

I wanted to address two issues that I see posted in reviews. I changed my 22" factory wheels for a set of 18" factory takeouts and it completely changed the entire ride to make if far smoother, softer,and much much more comfortable on long trips and the 18" wheels are much quieter. Noise that I thought was wind noise was tire noise. If you go on long trips, you give up some bling but turn the ride back to a Caddy ride. Also, 09's have bluetooth integrated with on star, just hit "onstar" ask for "bluetooth" help. Your cell then automatically works through on star hands free system including voice commands,hands never leave steering wheel, and audio and a/c mute when using phone.

On Star and Bluetooth hands free integrated with on star. Cell automatically pairs when entering car and becomes primary, if not in cell range you have on star phone. New super highway ride by downgrading tires to factory 18". Mass amount of room and power, great in snow. Like exhaust sound.

Entire seat arrangement, take front seats out of new DTS and offer in Escalade. Current front seats not that comfortable. Make 3rd row go into floor like most others do. Offer a 20" wheel tire combo, such as on 09 LTZ Avalanche as standard, good ride/looks. Add cool looking dual exhausts out back.

Waste of money
By Sean

2009 Cadillac Escalade ESV 4dr SUV (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

I will be truly honest with you, the car is a piece of crap. The interior should be entirely redone. Let me start with the rear air vents after just 3 months, one was twisted and just fell off. Look at the glove compartment, you can't even fit the owners manual in their. The center console is wobbly and it's a struggle getting some things in and out because of the rough edges. Plus, there is no auto close for the rear window and the tailgate makes a loud ding and is very loud when you open/close it. Also, the interior parts such as the rubber door lining is practically thrown together and each part in the interior seems uneven with the other parts. Don't waste your money and get a German car.

Navigation Exterior 403 hp 6.2L V8

center console third-row seats glove box interior quality

Best big SUV
By JG

2009 Cadillac Escalade ESV 4dr SUV AWD (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

I've owned most of the big SUV's and this is by far the best. We are on our 2nd one. Great ride, acceleration, breaking and comfort. The exterior styling is great and the nav system is very good. This is not a city car though. Parking is a pain in garages, etc, but that's the trade off with the size and comfort.

Styling inside and Out. Great Power.

No Bluetooth?? We'll never see it because of OnStar. Requiring you to use Onstar for handsfree needs to go. Better gas mileage but it's a big car so not a major complaint.

The best SUV on the market
By LuLu

2009 Cadillac Escalade ESV 4dr SUV AWD (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

I have owned a Supercharged Range Rover, Bentley Flying Spur (which I would buy again), Bentley GT convertible, Rolls Royce Corniche (too showy), mercedes of all kinds etc..., but this vehicle is by far the most functional and has made my life easier with family and dogs. Plus, I think it is a hot looking truck. The gas is the only downside, but so were the others. if I got better gas I had to put premium gas in them so it was more. Lots of room and much better than the range rover. Service is very good too. I want a 2010.

SIZE and Looks! This sums it up. We have all options

GAS!!! Please let me have my ESV with better Gas and thats all.