1992 Cadillac Eldorado Consumer Review: New-Found Love

1992 Cadillac Eldorado - Consumer Review

Base Coupe (4.9L V8 4-speed Automatic)

New-Found Love
By cadiqueen on

1992 Cadillac Eldorado 2dr Coupe

I bought my '92 Cadillac Eldorado Touring Coupe at an auto auction a little over a month ago for a few hundred dollars. It wasn't my first choice, but I am so glad that I bought it. Best purchase ever. It has it's issues- I've replaced two tires, the exhaust manifold, the instrument panel and the glove box latch. All parts were gotten cheap. Whomever had this car took very good care of it. Mechanically, it is perfect. The leather interior is almost perfect and it drives like a dream. I plan on having this car for as long as it will stay alive. I recommend this car to anyone, especially parents buying for a new driver. Very solid, safe car.

The engine!! The v8 is amazing. I am a speed demon, and having the ability to get to the speed I desire so quickly is great. MPG was a concern when I first bought the car, but I am averaging 25 MPG. On a 20 yo car with such a large engine, that is amazing. I get better gas mileage than friends that have SUVs. The interior is so well designed. It's beautiful!

GM did well when they redesigned the Eldorado for 1992. It's beautiful. They were definitely looking towards the future because no one believes me when I tell them how old my Cadillac is. My only hope is that new Cadillac models are as fantastic as my Eldorado.