Used 1996 Cadillac DeVille Concours Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1996 Cadillac Deville - Consumer Reviews

1996 Cadillac DeVille

View reviews for a specific DeVille model:

1996 Deville Issues
By newportbill

1996 Cadillac DeVille Concours 4dr Sedan

Inherited this vehicle from my in-laws and have spent the last few months getting in working order. Oil leaks that are cost-prohibitive to repair along with occasional over-heating (despite flushing of cooling system). Also, only about 10-12 MPG in city despite several fuel system treatments. Finally, electronic fuel display that jumps up and down several gallons within minutes.

Favorite Features

Was able to fix a/c with an "in the can" recharge/sealant. Plenty of power but a very soft ride. New tires help.

Suggested Improvements

Oil leaks/overheating major issues but doubt GM cares anymore.

good but not great
By boweezy57

1996 Cadillac DeVille Concours 4dr Sedan

has good power but driving mostly around suburban area I get around 12-13 mpg. I have 140k miles on it and have a traction control light on for no reason. Also, service transmission because of a bad sensor and its not worth the money to fix because the transmission would have to be dropped out. Otherwise, I love the car.

Best Caddie Made
By EL Jo

1996 Cadillac DeVille Concours 4dr Sedan

I have driven this car across country every year year from 1998 thru 2003. Its is unsurpassed in both comfort and power. At times I have driven faster than the posted speed limits. I have been buying Caddies since 1975. It's not my only or newest car but it remains my favorite.

Still Strong After 11 Years
By Ken

1996 Cadillac DeVille Concours 4dr Sedan

I cannot believe how strong of a runner this car is. I purchased it from the original owner. Every option still works! It has a lot of power for the ride. I am very pleased with my purchase.

Favorite Features

The roomy interior, engine horsepower, and roomy trunk.

Cadillac Impressions
By Paul Elzey

1996 Cadillac DeVille Concours 4dr Sedan

Since the day of purchase, I have been very pleased with this automobile. The styling is simple beauty, the performance via the Northstar engine is superb without sacrificing fuel economy, which runs about 23 mpg avg. The interior has a very high level of luxury and one can drive this automobile all day without tiring.

Favorite Features

My favorite feature about the automobile is probably the styling of both the exterior and the interior. I also love the engine's performance.

Suggested Improvements

The cup holders are the cheapest quality item of the car (although functional) and the placement of them leaves something to be desired. The center console could have been designed better in my opinion.