1996 Cadillac DeVille - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific DeVille model:
1996 Deville Issues
By newportbill on 09/13/13 19:14 PM (PDT)

1996 Cadillac DeVille Concours 4dr Sedan

Inherited this vehicle from my in-laws and have spent the last few months getting in working order. Oil leaks that are cost-prohibitive to repair along with occasional over-heating (despite flushing of cooling system). Also, only about 10-12 MPG in city despite several fuel system treatments. Finally, electronic fuel display that jumps up and down several gallons within minutes.

good but not great
By boweezy57 on 08/05/12 18:22 PM (PDT)

1996 Cadillac DeVille Concours 4dr Sedan

has good power but driving mostly around suburban area I get around 12-13 mpg. I have 140k miles on it and have a traction control light on for no reason. Also, service transmission because of a bad sensor and its not worth the money to fix because the transmission would have to be dropped out. Otherwise, I love the car.

Best Caddie Made
By EL Jo on 01/31/08 16:57 PM (PST)

1996 Cadillac DeVille Concours 4dr Sedan

I have driven this car across country every year year from 1998 thru 2003. Its is unsurpassed in both comfort and power. At times I have driven faster than the posted speed limits. I have been buying Caddies since 1975. It's not my only or newest car but it remains my favorite.

Still Strong After 11 Years
By Ken on 03/11/07 09:17 AM (PDT)

1996 Cadillac DeVille Concours 4dr Sedan

I cannot believe how strong of a runner this car is. I purchased it from the original owner. Every option still works! It has a lot of power for the ride. I am very pleased with my purchase.

Cadillac Impressions
By Paul Elzey on 03/01/07 23:43 PM (PST)

1996 Cadillac DeVille Concours 4dr Sedan

Since the day of purchase, I have been very pleased with this automobile. The styling is simple beauty, the performance via the Northstar engine is superb without sacrificing fuel economy, which runs about 23 mpg avg. The interior has a very high level of luxury and one can drive this automobile all day without tiring.

Awesome Power &Luxery
By Rikki on 09/24/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Cadillac DeVille Concours 4dr Sedan

Wow what power and ride is the best on the open road 32 vavle Northstar gets 17 in the city and 26 on the highway average. Best Caddy ever built.

MY CAR
By BRAT on 08/12/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Cadillac DeVille Concours 4dr Sedan

love the engine but does use oil. drives like a sports car. Have replaced the middle arm rest twice in 6 years and needs it again. ac is slow to come on and still is on new models. Have slso replaced all 4 struts after 4 yrs-and that aint cheap!! love the rain sensor wipers .have owned this car 6 years and will probably get another new one soon but will miss the roomieness of the older models.