1996 Buick Regal Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Regal model:
First car and boy do I miss it
By dperry25 on 04/03/13 10:59 AM (PDT)

1996 Buick Regal Sedan Gran Sport 4dr Sedan

My father bought this car back in 2005 with around 90,000 miles or so. We had to have the transmission rebuilt by AAMCO because some little piece inside of it broke and it had trouble starting and going into reverse. the AAMCO tech said the problem is so rare he guarantees it won't happen again. And it did not! not only that, but we never had any more issues out of the car. It was turned over to me in 2011 with 122k. At 130k, I lost control of the car while making a turn and slid into a curb at 55 mph. The car's frame had twisted and the car was totaled. I shed a few tears when I heard this. What a great car. Was looking for another...but hard to find, everyone who has one loves it!

p.o.s
By jmac420 on 09/09/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Buick Regal Sedan Custom 4dr Sedan

i got a 96 regal 4 door and i paid 2400 for it and its been nothing but a nightmare first had to put struts on it in the back then a belt then both front wheel berings and now my tranny

Loved My Regal, Great Car!
By Tizzy on 06/27/10 20:20 PM (PDT)

1996 Buick Regal Sedan Custom 4dr Sedan

Owned this car for 5 years and it has been very good to me. I was a college student when I first purchased it, so I did a lot of commuting home and back to school. 168,000 mi and still going strong! Smooth ride, good gas mileage, very few issues, never left me stranded!I was never the best about routine maintenance, that being said, I've still never had any major issues and my car has always started up every single day. Would recommend to anyone looking for reliability and durability. Excellent 1st, 2nd or 3rd car.

buick
By kenny on 03/30/10 15:47 PM (PDT)

1996 Buick Regal Sedan Custom 4dr Sedan

I've this car just 2 weeks and cant believe the gas mileage went 480 miles on a full tank of gas wow my care is awesome so far great in town driving too.

Interior light & door locks
By Lou C on 03/28/10 06:31 AM (PDT)

1996 Buick Regal Sedan Gran Sport 4dr Sedan

I bought this car with 61,000 on it.Now 116,000. Drives great, good mileage, Body good. Skylight does not work and the door locks clicks off and on. The interior lights will not go off. Mechanic tells me parts to repair are no longer available. If any one knows how to get parts would be most helpful.

strong
By POLO1495 on 01/07/10 15:52 PM (PST)

1996 Buick Regal Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan

I bought this car from Brother in law. It had 180,000 miles on it now has 210,000 and drives very good. I had to replace the radiator and usual oil change but the car still runs great and fast. Love the smooth ride.

Exceptional in every way............
By Dean on 11/23/09 13:51 PM (PST)

1996 Buick Regal Sedan Custom 4dr Sedan

Bought this car from private elder couple who never smoked. Interior well laid out, engine 3.1 v-6 has plenty of power, and in comparison with foreign makes gets a reliable 29 mpg on the road with 25 in town. Full size seating for 6 with great fuel economy,(I would put it up against Toyota or Nissan any day) Handles great, very reliable with minimum maint. and above all very good fuel economy.

My baby
By Proud owner on 07/20/09 14:36 PM (PDT)

1996 Buick Regal Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan

This car has been a blessing to my family. I purchased the car in 1998 with the intention of having a dependable car available for my daughter to drive her senior year in high school and to accompany her to college. This car has performed superbly. It accompanied her to New York for an internship assignment her freshman year. To make a long story short after my daughter's graduation from college she turned the car back over to me because she was blessed to secure a position with a company and part of her employment package was the use of new car. I joyfully accepted the car and now proudly use it as my transportation to frequent golf outings. God is good! I have 189,000 miles on it>

Not a car to recommend
By car nut on 06/12/09 19:10 PM (PDT)

1996 Buick Regal Sedan Custom 4dr Sedan

I made a huge mistake in this purchase. I used to work for Buick and felt some loyalty. However, this is a disaster car. Brakes needed replacement within the first 100 miles. And after replacement, the brakes are so soft to operate, versus other cars, I am constantly worrying that the car won't stop. Rear end sounds loose and engine light won't go off (the dealer said they corrected it but did not). The interior is worse in class by a wide margin. Seats are terrible, and there is no cup holders. The heater/A/C controls were designed by a total idiot, and very hard to operate. The radio confounds everyone who trys to use it. The door storage is a waste for all the good they do.

Great car, reliable
By Jigs Jorgensen on 09/29/08 08:57 AM (PDT)

1996 Buick Regal Sedan Custom 4dr Sedan

Going on 116,000 miles! Powerful engine, smooth riding just like a Cadillac. Shines like new still! Seat are not that comfortable, coils are shot, feels like I am sitting in a hole! Great sound system. Showing very minor lower body rust.