2003 Buick LeSabre Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific LeSabre model:
Got it used at a steal!!!!
By Mike on 03/03/09 11:50 AM (PST)

2003 Buick LeSabre Sedan Custom 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car after I totaled my Mazda Protege. This is the first full sized car that I have ever owned. Everything else has been a compact or sub-compact, so the difference is amazing. The ride is smooth and quiet. The interior features are laid out perfectly for ease of use. I can fit a car seat in the back and still have room for 4 people without having to scrunch. Once I got over the 'old man' mystique of a Buick- I fell in love with it.

Great gas mileage for the ride
By Mike on 11/27/08 05:18 AM (PST)

2003 Buick LeSabre Sedan Custom 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

We bought the car used with 27k miles, 5 years ago. The gas mileage is impressive, 25 mpg around town and 30+ on the highway, exceptional for the ride and comfort this model offers. I had to replace front wheel bearings, rear shocks (optional), and both rear window motors, not good but not terrible. I would by it again. Fine car that cleans up well.

Young man loves his Buick
By TONY on 11/02/08 08:32 AM (PST)

2003 Buick LeSabre Sedan Custom 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I sold my Buick Century, and bought my 2003 LeSabre custom. Hooked on the Buick comfort, style and great gas mileage for this size car. I'm 39 years old, and have heard that Buicks are for the older generation. Well I love mine and expect it to last a long time. The ride is smooth, no road noise and I get the performance expected.

Nothing But Trouble
By Dawn on 08/29/08 09:18 AM (PDT)

2003 Buick LeSabre Sedan Custom 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

The worst car we ever bought. 20 plus thousand miles we had to replace a wheel bearing, then a sensor in another wheel bearing that related to traction control, a motor mount support, a heater coil, two window regulators that control closing the windows and is not covered by ins,and now we think we have to replace the transmission. We have 69,500 miles on it now. At 40 plus thousand, GM did not give me any sympathy or help. They were very cold. Do not buy this car. Even the Svc Mgr at Buick said they have a lot of trouble with them. We have never had these problems even with cars with +100,000 miles on it.

Back to Foreign
By Leo on 10/04/07 08:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Buick LeSabre Sedan Custom 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Thinking Buick was one of the best GM vehicles and wanting to buy American (actually it was Canadian) I purchased this as my first new car ever. Two months after the time warranty expired (3 years but the car had only 29000 miles) I needed a new transmission switch. While fixing the transmission, the mechanic found an air conditioning problem (over $1000) then while repairing the air conditioning found an intake manifold seal problem (over $1000). The catch for partial "goodwill" warranty coverage was allowing them to perform the expensive 30000 mile service. It still cost me over $1000 and the transmission still shifed rough. Fortunately I sold it before something else went wrong.

Unhappy
By Unhappy on 07/30/07 15:07 PM (PDT)

2003 Buick LeSabre Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased by 2003 Buick new. At 52,000 miles the stability system is totally gone. My outside driver's mirror is fogging up on the inside (I have the type that automatticaly goes from day to night plus it's heated). My heated seat doesn't work. Half the lights in my dash are out. On the way home from our cottage, my radio and air conditioner just cut out by themselves. (I was able to turn them back on.) My dashboard lights dim. My two-tone leather seat split at a seam (very rarely to I have anyone in back). I'm so upset with the car I'm trading it in for a Toyota. When American cars start being built to last, I'll consider one again. This was our seventh GM product.

Really a good car
By Jimmy on 06/10/07 10:55 AM (PDT)

2003 Buick LeSabre Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car used 2 years ago with 37,000 miles already on it. I was a little concerned about the mileage, but it has been a really good car. I need a late model full size sedan for business and I set out to buy a Cadillac, but saw and drove the Buick and saved several thousand dollars that work as well for me as owning a Cadillac. I've not had any problems at all with this car.

Poorest Buick I have owned since 1985
By Rog665 on 03/13/07 20:33 PM (PDT)

2003 Buick LeSabre Sedan Custom 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I have been purchasing Buick LeSabres since 1985. The 1999 I had had a problem with the intake manifold. When I purchased this 2003 I ask the salesman if GM had fixed the problem with the intake manifolds warping and leaking. He said they did. He lied. I just had to replace the intake manifold on this 2003. You would think that since this problem has been around for so long GM would have fixed it in production. I don't think I will every buy another GM product..

Best American Car on the Road Today
By Tom on 09/19/06 12:22 PM (PDT)

2003 Buick LeSabre Sedan Custom 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Outstanding vehicle. I have never had a problem with it. Never even taken to the dealer for any warranty issue. I've had many new cars in my 50 years but this is absolutely the best in every category.

Pros and Cons
By c. lindy on 07/14/06 07:25 AM (PDT)

2003 Buick LeSabre Sedan Custom 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

The '03 LeSabre has everything going for it but good city gas mileage. Expressway mileage is very good considering the size of the car and its get up and go. I get approximately 30-32 mpg. Problem is, most of my driving is in the city/suburbs and with the July, 2006 price of gasoline I am unhappy with the approximate mileage of 16 mpg.