Used 2003 Buick LeSabre Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Buick Lesabre - Consumer Reviews

2003 Buick LeSabre Sedan

View reviews for a specific LeSabre model:

Now its 2010
By jessie

2003 Buick LeSabre Sedan Custom 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I've been relatively satisfied with my LeSabre which had 21,000 miles on it at purchase. Nothing rides like a LeSabre and its got get up and go. The rounded trunk makes backing up deceptive. I'm 3 ft further away than I think consistently. Heater takes too long & I'm at my destination before the car is comfortably warm... 15-20 minutes on a 28 degree day. The car has just turned 43,000 miles and the A/C went out. Mechanic called today and has to replace the condenser @ $426.00, due to a leak. Suburban driving gas mpg is lousy even for a big car 15-16 mpg. Great expressway mpg, 30-33 mpg. Tuned correctly, the LeSabre has a great radio and speakers are of Bose quality.

Favorite Features

The velvet ride.

Suggested Improvements

Front passenger seat belt skimpy across the thighs. I read where Buick will give you an extender free of charge, but don't know how long that is good for. If its still free, it beats ending up in a repair bill if something is wrong with it. Driver side seat belt is fine.

Great vehicle
By Mr. P.

2003 Buick LeSabre Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

No mechanical issues ever. Solid in all regards. Great mileage at 30+ highway 22 city, most bells & whistles.

Favorite Features

Heads-up display on windshield.

Suggested Improvements

Softer suspension like older Buicks.

disgusted in Arizona
By disgusted in Arizona

2003 Buick LeSabre Sedan Custom 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

This was our third Buick in a row. An '86 LeSabre we tried to wear out and couldn't, and a '95 Regal that was still going strong at 180,000 when we sold it. The 2003 replaced the Regal in 11/05. It had 34k, was in excellent condition, and bought from the proverbial "old lady". It is a comfortable, quiet road car. My wife drives it about 13k hwy mi/yr and pampers it. Trouble began in 1/07 at about 60k mi. Had to replace lft rear window regulator, then the rt one 4 mos later, then the lft one again 30 days later. 4/09 both dr latch/sensor assblys on rt side. Today the lft rear latch/sensor. Total so far $1245 for items VERY POORLY designed and built. THIS WILL BE OUR LAST BUICK!!

Favorite Features

3.8L V6. Good power and decent fuel economy (26.5 Avg) for so heavy a car.

Suggested Improvements

GM needs to support their product better if they expect to retain customer loyalty. My experience is not uncommon according to many mechanics.

LeSabre
By S. Voyles

Great car for six years with 79,000 miles

Favorite Features

Low maintenance

2003 Buick LaSabre
By LCB

2003 Buick LeSabre Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I recently purchased the 2003 LeSabre with 74,000 miles on it. It is a great car with a lot of features, however, there is a problem with the air suspension that I thought the dealer had repaired, but after driving it while the suspension is still not right. I'm going to see if I can change the suspension to a non-air to see if this will work. Other than that the ride is great and a love the way the engine sounds.

Favorite Features

My favorite feature is the passenger side mirror that tilts when you back up to show how close you are to the curb.

Suggested Improvements

To have better suspension on the vehicle as repairs can be expensive.