2003 Buick LeSabre Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific LeSabre model:
2003 lesabre reliability
By jarhead61 on 01/20/12 17:52 PM (PST)

2003 Buick LeSabre Sedan Custom 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

The only repair's I've required is to replace two motor mounts on the left front. My heating system is not working properly. When it is very warm on the drivers side, it tends to be cool on the passenger side but was told that it is a $600.00 expense to repair. It is not a serious matter so I have no intention on fixing the situation. 115,000 miles on the car 31,000 miles on the current tires and still it does not require a Front End Alignment. This car has never had one! Love the rascal.

Buicks with low miles
By andreamoo on 12/13/11 22:46 PM (PST)

2003 Buick LeSabre Sedan Custom 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

There are tons of these cars with low miles out there. I looked at this site religiously when doing research so decided to pass along info for others. Bought a top of the line Celebration edition with gran touring package and every other option for $7500, with 44,000 miles. The tires and brakes are original. The only thing that does not work is the seat warmer on the drivers side. I am 6' and the seats are too short and too cushy. The upper manifold leak had already been fixed by the previous owner. I get 27 mpg country driving (55 mph, little stopping) and 21 or 22 in the city. A good value, huge trunk, the car heats up quick, defrosts quicker, is smooth riding and kinda floaty.

my favorite car to date
By carrjm13 on 09/25/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Buick LeSabre Sedan Custom 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

upon my purchase, I've very pleased with the car. I'm the third owner and currently the car has 147,826 miles with no reports of dissatisfaction. I accumulate about 66 miles on average in daily usage and get a very respectable 28.0 mpg city/hwy. No rattles/squeaks to report and amazingly, all original equipment work without flaws. Even the leather upholstery has remained soft and no cracks/tears. I have a few minor grips; the lighting in the engine bay and trunk is very dim, and after so many years, the moulding of the rt. side of dashboard and lt. side has separated due to hot interior, attributed to no ventilation. I've leave windows cracked open and the separation has ceased.

Excellent Car
By lowhorn39 on 07/12/10 08:26 AM (PDT)

2003 Buick LeSabre Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Bought this car used and fell in love. No mechanical problems whatsoever. Only problem I have with the car is the clear coat. It is starting to peel off all over the car and looks like hell. I will be keeping the car however and spending about $6,000 to put a custom paint job on the car. I plan on running the car well over 200,000 miles.

Some dissapointment
By Bob on 06/17/10 18:41 PM (PDT)

2003 Buick LeSabre Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Bought it used. Great gas mileage as an average for its weight. Nice ride. Loaded with options. Great red color and chrome wheels. This will be the second time I have to replace the motor mounts. I now have 96000 miles on it. My 97 buick had the motor mounts replaced three times. I had to replaced the frozen rear gas shocks. Recently had both wheel axle seals replace was leaking grease. Just recently had both front axles replaced. Its again in the shop for motor mounts. Oh yes the seat heater does not work. Blower motor is going out. Just ordered another one. Other than that I do like the car but may not buy a buick again. GM toughen up the motor mounts i can handle less smoothness.

Now its 2010
By jessie on 05/28/10 20:06 PM (PDT)

2003 Buick LeSabre Sedan Custom 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I've been relatively satisfied with my LeSabre which had 21,000 miles on it at purchase. Nothing rides like a LeSabre and its got get up and go. The rounded trunk makes backing up deceptive. I'm 3 ft further away than I think consistently. Heater takes too long & I'm at my destination before the car is comfortably warm... 15-20 minutes on a 28 degree day. The car has just turned 43,000 miles and the A/C went out. Mechanic called today and has to replace the condenser @ $426.00, due to a leak. Suburban driving gas mpg is lousy even for a big car 15-16 mpg. Great expressway mpg, 30-33 mpg. Tuned correctly, the LeSabre has a great radio and speakers are of Bose quality.

Great vehicle
By Mr. P. on 12/21/09 18:32 PM (PST)

2003 Buick LeSabre Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

No mechanical issues ever. Solid in all regards. Great mileage at 30+ highway 22 city, most bells & whistles.

disgusted in Arizona
By disgusted in Arizona on 07/08/09 18:01 PM (PDT)

2003 Buick LeSabre Sedan Custom 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

This was our third Buick in a row. An '86 LeSabre we tried to wear out and couldn't, and a '95 Regal that was still going strong at 180,000 when we sold it. The 2003 replaced the Regal in 11/05. It had 34k, was in excellent condition, and bought from the proverbial "old lady". It is a comfortable, quiet road car. My wife drives it about 13k hwy mi/yr and pampers it. Trouble began in 1/07 at about 60k mi. Had to replace lft rear window regulator, then the rt one 4 mos later, then the lft one again 30 days later. 4/09 both dr latch/sensor assblys on rt side. Today the lft rear latch/sensor. Total so far $1245 for items VERY POORLY designed and built. THIS WILL BE OUR LAST BUICK!!

LeSabre
By S. Voyles on 06/22/09 11:39 AM (PDT)

Great car for six years with 79,000 miles

2003 Buick LaSabre
By LCB on 04/09/09 08:46 AM (PDT)

2003 Buick LeSabre Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I recently purchased the 2003 LeSabre with 74,000 miles on it. It is a great car with a lot of features, however, there is a problem with the air suspension that I thought the dealer had repaired, but after driving it while the suspension is still not right. I'm going to see if I can change the suspension to a non-air to see if this will work. Other than that the ride is great and a love the way the engine sounds.

1 2 3 4 5 next »