Used 2003 Buick LeSabre Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Buick LeSabre Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific LeSabre model:

2003 lesabre reliability
By jarhead61

2003 Buick LeSabre Sedan Custom 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

The only repair's I've required is to replace two motor mounts on the left front. My heating system is not working properly. When it is very warm on the drivers side, it tends to be cool on the passenger side but was told that it is a $600.00 expense to repair. It is not a serious matter so I have no intention on fixing the situation. 115,000 miles on the car 31,000 miles on the current tires and still it does not require a Front End Alignment. This car has never had one! Love the rascal.

Reliatiblity. Good gas mileage Dependability

Being that I've had to replace two motor mounts, it's possible there is a flaw in the connection.

Buicks with low miles
By andreamoo

2003 Buick LeSabre Sedan Custom 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

There are tons of these cars with low miles out there. I looked at this site religiously when doing research so decided to pass along info for others. Bought a top of the line Celebration edition with gran touring package and every other option for $7500, with 44,000 miles. The tires and brakes are original. The only thing that does not work is the seat warmer on the drivers side. I am 6' and the seats are too short and too cushy. The upper manifold leak had already been fixed by the previous owner. I get 27 mpg country driving (55 mph, little stopping) and 21 or 22 in the city. A good value, huge trunk, the car heats up quick, defrosts quicker, is smooth riding and kinda floaty.

Gas mileage, leather, stereo, steering column stereo controls, shiny exterior paint.

Better seat support. Even with all the adjustments I can make it is still hard on my back.

my favorite car to date
By carrjm13

2003 Buick LeSabre Sedan Custom 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

upon my purchase, I've very pleased with the car. I'm the third owner and currently the car has 147,826 miles with no reports of dissatisfaction. I accumulate about 66 miles on average in daily usage and get a very respectable 28.0 mpg city/hwy. No rattles/squeaks to report and amazingly, all original equipment work without flaws. Even the leather upholstery has remained soft and no cracks/tears. I have a few minor grips; the lighting in the engine bay and trunk is very dim, and after so many years, the moulding of the rt. side of dashboard and lt. side has separated due to hot interior, attributed to no ventilation. I've leave windows cracked open and the separation has ceased.

The tu-tone taupe interior matches the bronze exterior beautifully, the automatic dimming review mirror is a nice touch, as well as cassette/CD player.How about

How about blue backlighting for the switch gear/dash lighting and reintroduce some fresh interior color combos. I never understood why such bland colors were ever selected A stronger brake system would add more secure driving experience.

Excellent Car
By lowhorn39

2003 Buick LeSabre Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Bought this car used and fell in love. No mechanical problems whatsoever. Only problem I have with the car is the clear coat. It is starting to peel off all over the car and looks like hell. I will be keeping the car however and spending about $6,000 to put a custom paint job on the car. I plan on running the car well over 200,000 miles.

Ride quality, heated leather seats, wood accents, exterior appearance, reliability, heated mirrors, and its low stance.

Better paint job and a V8.

Some dissapointment
By Bob

2003 Buick LeSabre Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Bought it used. Great gas mileage as an average for its weight. Nice ride. Loaded with options. Great red color and chrome wheels. This will be the second time I have to replace the motor mounts. I now have 96000 miles on it. My 97 buick had the motor mounts replaced three times. I had to replaced the frozen rear gas shocks. Recently had both wheel axle seals replace was leaking grease. Just recently had both front axles replaced. Its again in the shop for motor mounts. Oh yes the seat heater does not work. Blower motor is going out. Just ordered another one. Other than that I do like the car but may not buy a buick again. GM toughen up the motor mounts i can handle less smoothness.

gas mileage and comfortable ride when traveling long distances.

Improve design and buy more reliable parts. Don't take short cuts on intake manifold, I believe its next to go bad on my car. Plastic warps...always..