All I Expected and More
By Nevada_X3_Owner on
2007 BMW X3 3.0si 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)
This is, without question, the best automobile I've ever owned. It is powerful, responsive, agile for its size/weight and BMW's N52 straight-6 engine is buttery smooth and quiet. (Although one doesn't hear it inside the vehicle, from outside the vehicle the X3's exhaust note has a nice bit of a growl.) I opted for the 6-speed manual transmission, and I must say it takes a bit of getting used to. The clutch pedal has a lot of "travel" in it, but the engagement point is a fairly narrow area quite near to where the clutch pedal is in its undepressed state. I'm impressed with the fit and finish of the vehicle and it just has a nice, solid feel to it.
Favorite Features
I love the memory-adjustable sport seats. The most comfortable and supportive car seats I've ever felt. The computer function, which lets one cycle through: (a) avg. MPH; (b) avg. MPG; (c) outside temp.; (d) time; and (e) cruising range remaining, is quite helpful.
Suggested Improvements
While the vehicle has 260 HP, it also weighs 4,000 lbs. It has plenty of power for everyday driving (and them some), but isn't a "smoke the tires" kind of vehicle. Even with the changes for 2007, I find its power to be mostly at the top end.