Used 2007 BMW X3 SUV Consumer Reviews - 103 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 BMW X3 SUV - Consumer Reviews

2007 BMW X3 SUV

3.0si 3.0L 6-cyl. AWD 6-speed Manual - (103 reviews )

Red Beauty with butter soft handling
By Sara

Not enough cup holders

Great SUV!
By Mbatista911

2007 BMW X3 SUV 3.0si 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I have the M Package and it's worth every penny, is gorgeous and handling is superb.

Acceleration is go and no breaks down.
Gass is normal for a 6 in line.
I have owned for 1 year, buy it used with 119k and now after 10k, I have to say it's still running like new, my wife love it and it drives like a sport car, it turns very good and breaks/stop almost as my M3.
Very safe on the rain or snow due to its awd.

Great Crossover SUV IF you can afford it
By Craig Fauver

2007 BMW X3 SUV 3.0si 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I bought my 2007 BMW X3 3.0si with about 70,000 miles in January 2012. I was 28 years old at the time and excited about my purchase. It was a CPO and had a 6 month warranty with it. I drive about 30,000 miles annually and at almost 185,000 miles 4 years later I am left to ponder whether it was a good buy or not or whether I would do it again. The car I bought had a new sticker price of something close to $44,000, so considering that the first 5 years / 70k miles absorbed about $26,000 of that made me feel good about the purchase. It was KBB's book price for a private party sale in Good or Very Good condition. Now that I've put 115,000 miles on it I look back at the service and maintenance history and just as I was starting to get impressed by how little went wrong in 115,000 miles but then I hit about 182k and it needed a starter, then tires, then transmission. Needless to say it's been a bad month or so in the repair dept. Here's a list of what I've needed to have done from 70 - 185k miles at the approximate mileage:

Every 10k - new oil and filter.
Every 20k - new air filter, clean MAF sensor.

80k - Water pump at approx.
90k - tires
125k - Coolant expansion tank was cracked and replaced
135k - tires
150k - windshield washer pumps
150k - brake pads and rotors.
155k - ignition coils and spark plugs
165k - fuel filter
170k - changed brake fluid, bled brakes, new anti-squeal on pads
182k - tires
182k - starter
182k - transmission fluid & filter, differential & transfer case fluid (transmission started slipping, don't believe BMW lifetime fluids get them changed every 30-50k depending on driving conditions and climate).
185k - transmission (bought used with 99k miles for $1480 - a tad under $2700 after mechanic and shop fees)

I absolutely love my BMW!
By Katie

2007 BMW X3 SUV 3.0si 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

So being the spoiled 16 year old that I am, my parents surprised me with this car before my birthday in December of last year. I absolutely love my car. When we bought it however, the radiator was busted and it was making some kind of ticking noise. We got that fixed. We kept the car in service and I haven't wrecked or anything. The car's rear tires were worn down when we bought the car so we replaced them. We didn't know at the time that when you buy an expensive car the the front and rear tires were two different sizes. So it messed the transfer case up. When they replaced that, the towing company bent my steering rack which is now throwing off some lights and one of my O2 sensors needs to be replaced. My local BMW dealership told me that once you replace one O2 sensor that you will have to replace the others, which I found out is a lie. But I also had my oil pan replaced, (it had an oil leak when we bought it), and I wouldn't recommend taking it to a place that "specializes" only on foreign made cars. They charged us $2,000 to fix it. One of the parts only costed $35 and the labor was $800. Other than what all has happened, the car is an outstanding car, I honestly don't want to get rid of it. I have 4 siblings. One is a baby and the car is able to fit his car seat in it just fine! The interior is amazing to clean. Mine is white with tan interior and it is easy to spill things on it. But it is also easy to clean. I absolutely love my car and I would recommend it to anyone.

Wonderful SAV
By archibaldg

2007 BMW X3 SUV 3.0si 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I have had this wonderful vehicle for a few years. We bought it used with an aftermarket warranty to replace a MB C350. I am looking forward to getting in and driving it every day, even after a few years of ownership. In fact, I just realized HOW MUCH I love this car, after having to drive a truly horrible rental because my "baby" is in the body shop for some cosmetic repairs. The handling and power is phenomenal for a small SUV. I love the very firm suspension and the BMW sports seats are hands-down the best, most supportive seats in any vehicle I have ever driven. In fact the X3 inspired us to buy an 08 328i with very similar packages so we can seamlessly switch between a sedan an SUV.

This car has a wonderful, bulletproof power plant. In my opinion nothing beats a naturally aspirated BMW Inline Six! The Sports Seats are very comfortable and supportive, I can drive for seven or eight hours without back pain. The Nevada Leather interior has proven itself to be very durable and easy to maintain. Cargo space is good. The Panoramic Moonroof is always good for a Wow factor. I love the firm "un-SUV like" suspension.

My only complaints are that my 07 X3 came without Satellite Radio and rear AC. Otherwise this car is perfect!