EXTREMELY ROUGH SUSPENSION
By Robert on
2004 BMW X3 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6M)
Purchased black X3 3.0 6speed with active xenon lights and Panorama roof. Looking back, the 25 min test drive was on all smooth asphalt surfaces where the salesman directed me to go. After driving home over patchy concrete and highway expansion joints I became worried. The suspension was unbelievably stiff. Yes the X3 handled spectacular, but at a huge price of feeling every irregularity in the road directly to your back. Every single person who rode in my X3 commented within 10 mins how rough it rode (and I had normal suspension, the non-sport package). Got to the point where I started seeing a chiropracter. I called it quits and traded it in after 5 months of ownership.
Favorite Features
Handling is great (probably because the rear suspension has no give until it strikes a large bump over 2 inches). Active xenon lights are the best, safest lights I have ever seen. Panorama roof is incredible and so is the stereo, unbelievable sound for stock.
Suggested Improvements
Im telling you right now, the suspension is not set up properly and you will get irritated with the rough ride. This is my 3rd BMW (prior 328 and M roadster) and is a huge dissapointment in the rough ride. Im not alone on this, read PROFESSIONAL reviews and private forums. BMW are you LISTENING?