An die Freude!
By Meefischli on
2004 BMW X3 2.5i AWD 4dr SUV (2.5L 6cyl 6M)
When they say "Ultimate Driving Machine" they ain't just whistling "Beer Barrel Polka"! I was almost dissuaded from buying the X3 by a partially negative review. So glad I dismissed it. Took my new X3 from the showroom on an 800 + mile trek, loving every minute! The vehicle performed flawlessly. Stopped once for breakfast, a few times to gas up...I don't let it go below 1/2 a tank...a couple of stretch breaks. Arrived 12 hours later with my usually painful back feeling great. I expect the return trip to be every bit as enjoyable.
Favorite Features
The ride. The tight, solid feel. The panoramic moon roof. The great visibility in all directions. The comfortable seats. The room. The XDrive. My wife's actually complimenting my choice of vehicles. The sound system. My dealer.
Suggested Improvements
This is not a criticsm. I got the 2.5 because I didn't need the extra power of the 3.0. When I get my next X3 it'll be with a larger engine...for the fun of it. I can't think of anything that would improve this vehicle. The engineers have produced a winning design.