Used 2009 BMW M3 Base Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 BMW M3 Coupe - Consumer Reviews

Base 4.0L V8 6-speed Manual - (4 reviews )

M3 coupe rocks!!
By NAV5

2009 BMW M3 Coupe 2dr Coupe (4.0L 8cyl 6M)

This is my first M3, but I've had 2 other BMW's, both 3 series. Had to get a car that my wife would feel comfortable in as well, and not intimidated. With the automatic transmission, and selectable M settings, you can adjust from performance from aggressive to very docile. This is ideal for different driver's styles. Acceleration and handling are top notch. Fit and finish also unquestionable the very best. I wholeheartedly recommend the M3 to anyone that wants a daily driver that can also ROCK when you want too.

DCT transmission. New nav system and I- drive integration is much easier to use and understand. Design and styling are racy and aggressive!! Carbon fiber roof is very unique and impressive (no up-charge). Inside door rest ambient lighting is amazing!

Not a big fan of the key fob range and accuracy. I have to push the lock/unlock buttons more than once. Better functioning cup holders.

Best every day car possible
By Miguel

2009 BMW M3 Coupe 2dr Coupe (4.0L 8cyl 6M)

You yearn to reach 1200 miles so you can have it serviced and get it back in playing form. You look forward to the split second when you think you may have lost control when you throw your foot down. You can enjoy the M-Mode even during the daily commute. At its softest, my wife doesn't mind it.

M-Mode Sharp sharp SHARP steering, Engine noise

I got a coupe with the Tech package, and it does NOT include bluetooth. I find this embarrassing for BMW.

None Better
By DRR

2009 BMW M3 Coupe 2dr Coupe (4.0L 8cyl 6M)

I have owned Mercedes, Porsche and several BMW's. I traded a 2006 M5 for the 2009 M3. Porsche is a pure sports car but the sports suspension is rough for daily use. The M5 was a Porsche with a Tuxedo. Not much to complain about except the SMG is no match for the DCT in the M3. The M3 is a sports car that you can live with every day. You feel like you are part of the car - it is balanced, agile, and responsive. The DCT is fast and the downshift throttle blips are better matched than I could ever do with a traditional manual. This is my third car with idrive and the new idrive is great - intuitive and easy to use.

DCT transmission, M sport settings, Sport seats, Gunmetal 18 inch wheels, idrive

None

Best sports coupe under $100K
By TLud

2009 BMW M3 Coupe 2dr Coupe (4.0L 8cyl 6M)

I've dreamed of owning an M3 since I was 7 years old. Since then, the M3 has undergone many iterations. This latest generation exceeds the high standards set by its predecessors. The acceleration and handling are insane. At the same time, the M3 is far more comfortable as a daily driver than the last (E46) version. The M3 has all the luxury features and technology you could ever ask for. BMW thought of just about everything. The interior is simple and spartan, but classy and sporty. The new iDrive in the '09 models is a huge improvement over the previous system -- very fast, much more user friendly, and many more features.

The engine is incredible - the sound and feel of the V8 engine screaming to 8400 rpm has to be experienced to be believed. The handling - despite its weight, this car is superbly balanced. The gadgets - the M3 has more features and customizable options than you'll ever need. Sexy exterior.

Direct injection to further improve performance and fuel efficiency. Better paint (the factory paint has some orange peel).