2014 BMW i3 Hatchback Consumer Reviews

2014 BMW i3 Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific i3 model:
Driving a Spaceship
By ashumack on 01/07/15 08:50 AM (PST)

2014 BMW i3 Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (electric DD)

I have the base model without range extender, but this is my commuter car around the city with chargers on each end. It's not practical for a weekend trip outside the range unless you plan your travels in stages with 2+ hours in between for recharging, but I love this car for commuting to and from work (32 miles each way). It's a funky, awesome exterior and the interior build quality is eco-luxury. I love the carbon fiber details and the eco-leather on the seats. The accent lighting makes me feel like I'm driving a spaceship. Also I love how BMW is really into the electric car movement by creating new manufacturing and technology to build them. It's not just a compliance car here!!!

Its a BMW and an EV!
By scottlawson on 01/03/15 23:04 PM (PST)

2014 BMW i3 Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (electric DD)

I have driven BMWs for 10+ years and this all-electric BMW lives up to the ultimate driving machine claim. It is sporty and solid and handles the road like my 328i. It is filled with high technology with a large screen for nav, music, apps, and information. The construction is solid and the carbon fiber and all-aluminum construction makes the car safe and rust-free. Bodywork is actually less costly than a steel car. This is not for long trips as the practical range in temperate weather is 80-90 miles. But get the DC fast charge option as that has helped me go 300+ miles at times.

The Future is Here Today
By brucebolen1 on 08/06/14 20:15 PM (PDT)

2014 BMW i3 Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (electric DD)

Revolutionary from the ground up, sitting on top of a aluminum skateboard with batteries underneath in a carbon fiber passenger space capsule while seated in a Swedish living room and catapulted forward with instant, silent torque. Perfect size, design, airy, comfortable, quick, awesome turn-in, one-foot driving. Honestly thrilling. The proof of the pudding is in daily traffic (vs. a test drive on a freeway which is also awesome) when you wish to place yourself in a certain position and the car is already there by the time you think about it, and you made no fuss while not making a fool of yourself. Unique functionality, purposeful build to be an EV; achieves mission perfectly.