1996 BMW 7 Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 7 Series model:
Most comfortable car ever
By bmwdvr on 04/12/06 19:48 PM (PDT)

1996 BMW 7 Series 740iL 4dr Sedan

I bought my 740 used with 65k mi. Have had two years and have loved car. Amazing comfort on highway. Huge back seat. Good handler. Amazing ride. Great seats, precise steering. Engine is quiet and smooth but could deliver more power. Car still looks great after 11 years. However if you buy one of these, be pepared to spend a lot of money to repair and keep it going. I've spent $3000 on maintainance and repairs in the past 30 months. I've purchased 2004 Lincoln LS V8 to replace BMW because tired of the big repair bills. Even though my BMW is 11 years old, it still is in many ways a nicer car to drive than the almost-new Lincoln.

Fantastic car that oozes quality
By rubenrod on 11/09/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 BMW 7 Series 740iL 4dr Sedan

Repairs can be expensive. Suggest purchasing extended warranty.

Gotta Buy One
By AndyS1234 on 01/27/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 BMW 7 Series 740iL 4dr Sedan

This car is one of the most well- engineered I have ever seen. From the littlest detail, you have to take a close look at the little things to apprecite this magnificant machine.

Early Opinion
By pickleneck on 10/16/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 BMW 7 Series 740iL 4dr Sedan

After trading a fairly new GS 430, I must admit I'm quite taken w/ my used 740IL. It handles every bit as well if not better than the Lexus. It accelarates smoothly coupled with generous torque. My only concern is the higher miles/reliability factors. So far so good.

Great car
By money on 04/28/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 BMW 7 Series 740iL 4dr Sedan

The 1996 bmw 740il is one of the greatest cars ever made. The handling is superb, the performance is great, and it is a very good investment. The car holds it value, and still is a sweet looking car today.