1999 BMW 5 Series 4.4L V8 Consumer Review - Inherited Car

1999 BMW 5 Series - Consumer Review

Inherited Car
By Teri on

1999 BMW 5 Series 540i 4dr Sedan

I'm not a "car person" so you guys bear with me. I inherited this car from my husband. We were married this year and this was his car he was left with after the divorce (wife got Toyota Land Cruiser and he got one for himself after awful experience with a Ford Explorer) The car has alot of miles on it, but according to others, not alot for a BMW. All maintenance is expensive! Still needs a bit of work, but drives like a dream and looks great! I have thought of trading in for something new, but I've decided to keep it because it really is good quality. If I could buy a brand new car and price was not an option, it would be another BMW.

Favorite Features

I really love my leather seats with warmers! Even in the winter sometimes that's enough to keep me warm! Handling is fantastic

Suggested Improvements

Those God awful cupholders are the worst ever and yes, I've spilled coffee, coke, tea, etc., on the carpets and I hate it! My husband says it's because they don't drink or eat in their cars in Europe because they are driving so fast..:-) I have no idea if he is joking or not!