1999 BMW 5 Series Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 5 Series model:
Awesome Car
By rapids23 on 06/07/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 BMW 5 Series Sedan 540i 4dr Sedan

This car is serious. I just bought it last month and I have never been more impressed with a 4 door sports car. I had turned in my SL500 and this car is everything that car was (except for the convertible!) and I can put a baby seat in the back!

Driving is fun again
By Jim Meyer on 05/30/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 BMW 5 Series Sedan 528i 4dr Sedan

What a pleasure it is to drive again. This car preforms like a precision machine with creature comforts beyond my wildest dreams. All of that and reasonable operating costs too. It was a financial leap worth making,a true definition of the word value.

It's been a ride
By moth123dd on 05/15/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 BMW 5 Series Sedan 528i 4dr Sedan

Great performance, fun to drive, don't live in New England, however. Bad in snow/ice, even a very little. Interior design is good, love the radio controls on the steering wheel. Cup holders have broken off five times, windshield wipers have stopped working in the rain, front molding has fallen off.

Dream Car!
By rogreal on 05/08/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 BMW 5 Series Sedan 540i 4dr Sedan

Far & away the best car I've ever owned.This car is not a Lexus. You feel every curve, the engine is inspiring and the reliability is unmatched.

BMW 528i
By wahill on 03/20/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 BMW 5 Series Sedan 528i 4dr Sedan

Outstanding ride. Very impressive in the snow and on ice. Quiet, comfortable and fun on the highway.