1997 BMW 5 Series Consumer Review: In love

1997 BMW 5 Series - Consumer Review

528i Sedan (2.8L 6-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

In love
By bimmergal on

1997 BMW 5 Series 528i 4dr Sedan

I bought my 528ia last year, and I love it! Not only is it fun to drive, but I get great gas mileage, and I get a lot of attention from the guys! I have never had a car before that responded as quickly and powerfully as this one. I would like to have an M5 but as of yet can't afford it. Thank goodness I didn't get that 98 328 convertible I looked at first! My car is gorgeous outside and inside.I'm only 26, so I didn't want a sedan that looked like an old lady car. I doubt that I will ever buy a car by any other maker! So far reliability has been good.I'm at 47,988 miles now.

Exterior styling,interior bucket seats, that red glow inside the cabin that makes you feel like you're in an airplane,easy to read instrument panel,choice of different sounds for stereo,battery stashed away in trunk. car is so quiet you can't hear the engine idling.

geez these cupholders! they don't hold anything. a center console would be nice. maintenance is a bit expensive(oil changes are $59.95, front brakes were $458.00)so if you're not ready to pay a bundle for reapirs and regular maintenance,BMW isn't the carmaker for you.