Amazing Drive..Erognomically just ok
By khiladi on
2011 BMW 3 Series 328i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)
see below
Favorite Features
The speed pick-up, the handling/suspension and that the hard top comes down with remote. Handling is far better than other luxury cars. Meaning I can never make the turns at the speed I do with this BMW in another car like Infiniiti (only other luxury car I have experirence with).
Suggested Improvements
The seat is way too short on the legs. I am close to 6 ft tall and my legs get tired. Had i known this, I would have paid extra for the longer seat - besides its ridiculous you have to pay an extra thousand dollars for a more comfortable seat. The sound system is poor - I have had a Honda and Infiniti before and the standard sound system they provide are much much better quality than BMW's, courtesy Altec and Bose, respectively. I really wish BMW invested a bit more in the sound quality because that is very important to me. They do have a premium sound package which the dealer never told me about. Navigation is simply pathetic , unintuitive, not user friendly.
By blazerguy234
on 03/08/14 05:58 AM (PST)

I have a 2011 335xi, and I love it. Prior to this car, I had a 2004 Acura TL...which started the very successful TL line through 2008, and then Acura, screwed up the exterior design something awful. One thing I find on my BMW that I love is how easy the i drive is to use. You do not have to reach forward to touch the screen with your finger, it is all done the the central knob on your center console. Couple that with using voice commands, and it makes the whole experience terrific. I first test drove the 328i, and it was just fine. Then I drove the 335xi...wow! There is so much power there when you need it, yet gas consumption is only slightly less. That option was over 2K more...but in for a penny....and the gas mileage is only slightly less. If you just want to be seen driving a BMW choose the 328i, if you want the "experience" get the 335Xi.