A real stunner
By billymay on
2002 BMW 3 Series 325Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (2.5L 6cyl 5M)
I bought used '02 325Ci with 5K miles, have driven another 1K. This car lives up to the hype. Yes, there are a lot of them, guess why? I compared the BMW against the Audi A4, M- B C-class and Lexus IS. As much as I love my SLK (and kept it for the weekends!), the BMW really begs to be driven. I needed a usable back seat and comfortable highway car -- the 325Ci delivers. I'm no lead foot, and the 184hp is fine. The car's wonderful in everyday driving. I'm sure the M3 and 330Ci fly, but unless your last car was a Corvette you won't feel deprived. The coupe is stylish and scarcer than the sedan, so the "me too" factor isn't bad even here in southern Cal.
Favorite Features
One-touch moonroof/windows; steptronic; steering wheel mounted controls; wood trim makes it feel like a luxury car, but it's far more fun to drive than the M-B C-class. None of this sounds like a big deal til you drive another car without them.
Suggested Improvements
CD storage is lacking (the dealer said I could buy a case and clip it to the visor -- kinda lame...), need nighttime illumination for center vent control knob (okay I'm reaching, there's almost nothing I'd change)