Used 2009 Audi A8 Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

Most Helpful|
Engine management
By joe

2009 Audi A8 Sedan L quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

Replaced an identical 06 with this vehicle. I am having problems with the engine management of the new car. Idles rough hesitant upon acceleration and downshifts with surges unexpectedly.

Favorite Features

Vibrating and ventilated seats are extremely comfortable.

Suggested Improvements

Need improvements in the drivetrain.

Best of the lot
By Charlie

2009 Audi A8 Sedan L quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

Drives exceptionally well for a big car. More stable and faster than my Infiniti M35X. Beautifully crafted and actually gets better mpg than the 6 cyl Infiniti. Comfort features are better than Infiniti and Acura. This car is meant to be driven long and hard (fast). After my Lexus, Acura and Infiniti, I was a bit scared to go to Audi, but now I look forward to my next excuse to drive. A true luxury car that responds to sporty driving with ease. Best road handling I've had, including some smaller sportier cars.

Favorite Features

Heated/Air conditioned seats far superior to Infiniti. Adaptive cruise control is smoother than Infiniti. Power and handling make this a superior pleasure to drive. Adaptive suspension is wonderful!

Suggested Improvements

Typical European non-intuitive functions on electronics, turning counterclockwise for up. Voice command must be learned and/or taught to the car and are not common terms. Really big mid-car pillar makes looking over your left shoulder a real trial.

Quiet and solid
By jrh332

2009 Audi A8 Sedan L quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

Traded in a 2007 A8 with sport package for 2009 A8L. Miss the looks of the 20" wheels on 07 but passengers like the back seat better and the 09 19" wheels are easier to clean. Solid 24 mpg highway at 75 mph cruise. 15-16 mpg around town. Great cars and get a lot of positive comments from strangers about what a beautiful car. Quiet and solid. Can't imagine it getting much better than this.

Favorite Features

Side assist works the blind spots well. Front seats with heat, air and massage are truly wonderful. Front/rear park assist and rear camera make parking a breeze. Air suspension and the way the car squats at highway speed for better aerodynamics/handling is fantastic. Great brakes too.

Suggested Improvements

None.

Beautiful Car
By Olayinka

2009 Audi A8 Sedan L quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

I have had this car for three months now. Really wanted to get a S550, but I am thrilled I ended up getting the A8L. It is a blast to drive, much sportier and understated. When I am buying my next car it will be another Audi A8L, each time I drive the car I am reminded why I love it.

Favorite Features

Well appointed cabin and design, it seems to wrap itself around the driver and passengers. The technology is amazing

Suggested Improvements

Navigation system needs to be a lot more user friendly

A8L Great Car
By cwkcpa

2009 Audi A8 Sedan L quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

This is my third A8 after coming out of a 2007 Q7 4.2. The Q was great also, but this new A8L is terrific. Audi has continued to refine the car and it handles and drives like a much smaller car. I have also had several Mercedes large sedans and the A8 is just as good or maybe better without being so obvious on the road. Great car.

Favorite Features

Comfort and conveniences are everywhere

Suggested Improvements

Separate switch for driving lights like the A5 has.