1995 Audi A6 Consumer Review: Ultimate bad weather beater

1995 Audi A6 - Consumer Review

2.8 quattro Sedan (2.8L V6 AWD 5-speed Manual)

Ultimate bad weather beater
By alex on

1995 Audi A6 2.8 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD

Hi, I own an 1995 audi a6 sedan which i purchased 2 years ago with 250,000k on it. i paid $1000 for it and has spend another $500 replaced timing belt, moonroof seal ext. so far the best $1000 I've ever spent. despite high mileage the car still runs good, very comfortable, confident in all weather conditions, great attention to details, high quality interior, would like to get better millage but for the size of the car i think it not so bad, engine is underpowered, slow like a teenager to clean his room. definitely love the quattro.

Quattro, heated seats, interior design and quality, rear diff lockers,comfort.

cheaper parts.
By shelbyw
on 05/27/11 16:58 PM (PDT)

Hi Alex. I own a '95 A6 Quattro with a 169k miles on it & I will love & keep it till the day I will no longer be able to afford it's service expense. Purchased it in '98 when it only had 34k miles on it. I've spent quite a bit on my car, probably on services that it didn't really need, but, when I established a good business relationship with my mechanic & I became comfortable enough to yell & question him about frequent??? costly & unnecessary repairs??? the visits were limited to routine oil change. Then I started really loving & enjoying my car. The drive is still unbelievably smooth & I'm hoping it will last longer than 250k miles. I recently moved to SoCal & now I need to start all over finding a trust worthy Audi mechanic, any recommendations?