Used 2005 Audi A4 Sedan Consumer Reviews - 87 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Audi A4 Sedan

View reviews for a specific A4 model:

An Awesome Automobile
By ezrider

2005 Audi A4 Sedan 1.8T quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I was attracted to the Audi A4 as an entry level luxury sedan primarily because it is one of the few that offer all wheel drive. The BMW 325xi was my other option, but turned out to be more expensive. I really like the look of the A4. The ride is smooth, quiet and firm. No rattles or shakes. Fit and finish is top notch. The warranty is generous, includes free maintenance to 50K miles.The sound system is excellent. Overall I am very happy with it so far ( owned it for 6 months). Planning to boost the HP by reprogramming the ECU.

All wheel drive + traction control makes it fun to drive in the snow. Total control. Power driver seat with lumbar support, sliding box under driver seat, full size spare, large trunk with net, hooks, ski-bag, rear armrest with first-aid kit.

170HP is not quite enough for this car- I plan to get the ECU upgraded ( "chipped" ) to bump it up. Front cupholders are useless and so is the cassette deck. I wish it had an Aux input to plug in my MP3 player.

Great car
By JC1980

2005 Audi A4 Sedan 1.8T quattro Special Ed. AWD 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Just bought this car used with 24,000 miles. So far it was exceeded my expectations. This is the first German car that I have owned, having owned a Jeep and Chevys previously. The maintenance package seems great, they found a coolant leak and fixed it along with replacing worn brake pads for free. Oil changes and most other basic services are included as well. My warranty does expire in Decemeber 08, and I have heard it's wise to purchase an extended warranty. Being a single guy in Chicago, I rarely use the backseat, but if you have a family you may want to consider the A6 , due to lack of backseat and trunk space in this model.

Interior is amazing and comfortable on long trip. Bose speakers, AWD, turbo. The automatic sunroof is pretty sweet as well.

Quicker turbo kick in. Initial speed and acceleration is slow, but once turbo kicks in at 15-20mph it's all good. Center arm rest could be more durable and softer.

Fun to drive but prone to breakdowns
By Greg

2005 Audi A4 Sedan 1.8T Fwd 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

This is a very fun car to drive. It is easily equal to the 3 series BMW but you get more goodies on the base model. That said, be sure you can afford the maintenance this car requires. I have already lost an A/C compressor, heater core, and both front window motors. After the A/C repair, my car blows barely cool air and never cold air. The heater core started leaking in the middle of winter. Everything has been covered under warranty but things don't look good past that. This car is going to cost me plenty.

Steering is razor sharp. Turbo boost gives plenty of power. The interior is the best I have seen in any car.

If Audi can focus on quality and customer service, they would humiliate the competition because the car is quite good when everything works.

Audi's aweome!
By george q

2005 Audi A4 Sedan 1.8T quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I never dreamed of owning an Audi because I have always driven American. But after seeing a few A4's on the road I just had to have one. This is my first euro car and I think I am hooked! In terms of build quality and overall driving experience this is the car to drive. Steering is precise, instrument gauges and center stack are top notch. For an 05' she doesnt look dated at all and is sexy as hell. Unsure yet of reliability since I just recently purchased her, but so far, so good.

The build quality. Not one squeek or rattle inside for having already 44,000 miles on it. wow. The red instrumentation lights, it looks fantastic at night.

The center armrest seems dinky for the driver and passenger to use together. But then again, this is an A4. If I really needed more space I would have bought the A6 or A8.

Best Car I've ever owned
By deuce808

2005 Audi A4 Sedan New 2.0T Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I absolutely love this vehicle. I would recommend this car to anyone. It has great acceleration for a factory stock car and the turbo kicks in almost seamlessly. The stereo is great. I have the Audi Symphony one. have only had minor setbacks such as interior map lights and window control light fail and the dealer fixed it no questions asked. Bumper to bumper warranty covers everything even the battery. Just recently replaced that. Audi roadside assistance very helpful and fast.

The instrument panel. I have the color LCD in the middle of the panel. The aggressive look of the body design. The performance and gas mileage.

Heated seats and Bose audio should come standard.