2005 Audi A4 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific A4 model:
Class wears a sport coat
By Tony on 08/02/05 08:48 AM (PDT)

2005 Audi A4 Sedan 1.8T quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

Having owned the A4 now for just over a year, I thought it was time to give my impressions. If you are looking for a red light racer, keep looking. If you want a car that handles VERY well, accelerates good enough, but does so with a classy, polished feel, then this is a car you should check out. The sport package gives the A4 a flat, smooth ride, balanced handling, and good cornering. The AWD and ESP provides the driver with confidence in snowy, slushy, and icy conditions. I average 33 mpg highway (at 70mph)/23 city stop and go. Interior is superb with everything right where you want it. If you are looking at BMW 3 series, Acura TL/TSX, or Infinity G35's, give the A4 a look, too.

Good choice
By JES on 07/29/05 13:16 PM (PDT)

2005 Audi A4 Sedan New 2.0T quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I checked out and drove a Saab 9-3, Acura RL, and Volvo S 40 and 60 before settling on the A4. The 2.0 T and the new transmission work together for power and excellent gas mileage (the EPA projections are pretty darn close to right so far.) The quattro drive was probably the tipper over the other cars, providing more stability in the curves. If I had a few more available bucks, I would have definitely gone with the convertible version. Good for city and road.

Don't trust Audi warranty
By A.A. on 07/06/05 16:00 PM (PDT)

2005 Audi A4 Sedan 3.0 quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

There is no doubt that the A4 has been fun to drive and the Quattro's performance is unmatched. But after driving the car for 2+ years it has become very loose with all kinds of interior/exterior noises. My brakes' rotors are already warped and Audi service and Customer care are telling me that it is not covered under warranty because of "outside influences stemming from overheating caused by riding on the brakes and braking too hard". This seems like a lame excuse not to cover damage to brakes caused by normal driving.

Love it....BUT....
By MooseCT on 07/06/05 10:34 AM (PDT)

2005 Audi A4 Sedan 1.8T quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I have driven this car for 11 months now. There are some drawbacks that I can live with (cup holders, seat control location, awkward reverse gear) since the drive is really nice. The cup holders are almost useless. The seat controls on the drivers side can easily be activated by accident while exiting the car. The reverse is a push-stick-down and forward left which is the same direction as first gear. Guess I am just used to the right-and-back reverse on every other car I have owned.

Great little car
By justtara on 06/30/05 12:13 PM (PDT)

2005 Audi A4 Sedan 1.8T quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

I purchased this car about 2 months ago for my wife and I have to say she LOVES it. I can't get her out of it, she has put 4000 miles on the car in a month. I have driven it 5 time since we've had it. I was not sure about buying a 4-cyl car, after having a 6- cyl 2003 Maxima with 255 hp but the Audi's performaces is very suprising for a 4-cyl car and the Quattro AWD system is awesome in bad weather. I can't wait for it to snow, so I can really have some fun. I recommend this car for anyone who wants a sport sedan.

Nice but missing some perks
By Swim Lessons on 06/29/05 14:41 PM (PDT)

2005 Audi A4 Sedan 1.8T Special Ed. Fwd 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

We traded in our bmw 328i for this car so we wouldnt be sliding in the snow for another winter. good idea - this baby is great in the snow. car looks beautiful and has a fairly sleek ride. (We bought and service our car at Bell Audi, they are the best. We took the car home the same day we saw it and the service people are great!)

I'm Very Happy
By a0 on 06/24/05 01:27 AM (PDT)

2005 Audi A4 Sedan New 2.0T Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

This car has awesome handling and power. I'm glad I didn't get the BMW. There is a very slight rattle in the sunroof, but otherwise very well put together.

A classy car, magnificent ride!
By Ardeekay on 06/23/05 21:00 PM (PDT)

2005 Audi A4 Sedan 1.8T Fwd 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

An excellent, wonderfully well-made car.The interior finish is magnificent. The roadholding is superb, with a solid firm ride and and excellent directional stability. One feels as if traveling in a mobile fortress! The braking is outstanding and rear-view vision superb. The engine is powerful enough, though the upgrade to the new 2.0 litre FSI Turbo will give that extra punch at lower revs that one feels the need for at times. This is a car for those who need to travel long distances. It begs to be driven on freeways! Not that good for small suburban shopping trips, though! Thumbs up!

Peppy
By Mike Y on 06/23/05 12:04 PM (PDT)

2005 Audi A4 Sedan New 2.0T Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Nice car. Less expensive than the BMW 3, more refined than the Acura TL, and nicer features than both. I sold a 97' E320 Benz to get this car, and the 2.0T in the A4 is just as powerful as the Benz V6, and the Turbo is great. Never thought I would drive another 4 banger, but this one is nice! The design inside and out is a bit boring, but the fun to drive factor is high. I drove everything competitive, and this was the best value.

Everything has been fixed
By Cactuslady on 06/20/05 17:16 PM (PDT)

2005 Audi A4 Sedan New 2.0T quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I had a terrific time with my very fun 2001 A4 1.8T FWD sedan. Thought I would hate to give it up, but this one is so good I've gotten over my previous love quickly. Everything I disliked about the old model has been redesigned for the better and nothing has been made worse. Cupholders actually work. Cargo net actually works. No bottom "spoiler thing" under the front bumper to help the bumper rip off on those parking lot curbs (yes, I ripped the old one off). Turbo lag has been greatly reduced and power is there at lower tach. Cruise control is actually easy to use. Plus, lots more cool gadgets and handy storage spaces. No real complaints about anything so far.