2005 Audi A4 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific A4 model:
It's pretty decent for the price
By caaz on 08/04/06 05:08 AM (PDT)

2005 Audi A4 Sedan 1.8T Fwd 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

The car is a pretty good car, but if it didn't have maintenance and a really good warranty I would have gone broke by now. The A4 after 2000 miles started having problems with the engine, then around 15000 miles the windows on the car would not go up or down and so was the sunroof which was stuck during the rainy season in california. At around 22000 miles the car's transmission light started going off and on, went to the dealership to only find out the transmission module had broken. But thanks to the warranty it was covered or would have cost me over 6000 dollars to replace, but I had no car for over a month.

Real Fun to drive
By dbuilder on 05/19/06 07:43 AM (PDT)

2005 Audi A4 Sedan New 2.0T Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Great engine, smooth trans & handle keep me being excited. Too much similarity with new Jetta

Love my audi
By Mike on 04/21/06 20:26 PM (PDT)

2005 Audi A4 Sedan New 2.0T quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

It reminds me a lot of the 1980 VW Scirocco with 14 pound callaway turbo I had in high school. It's amazingly fun to drive and handles great for the price. I highly recommend it.

The most fun Luxury Entry Sports Sedan
By rferni on 02/19/06 22:51 PM (PST)

2005 Audi A4 Sedan New 2.0T quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Having driven all of the competitors, the Audi A4 2.0T Quattro was by far my easiest choice to date. Awesome driving dynamics and comfort combined make it the most fun to drive. She's been through 100 Mph, 100 mile non-stop drives at 107F and a 70 Mph drive through a raging mid-west blizzard -- couldn't tell the difference. Combine this with top-notch reliability -- never had a single issue with her in a year now.

Wolf in Sheep's Clothing
By Bill on 01/01/06 11:11 AM (PST)

2005 Audi A4 Sedan New 2.0T Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

I am a 6-month owner of the 2005.5 A4 2.0T, and this car is a wolf in sheep's clothing. The only complaint about this car is the low level of torque under 2K RPMs ... after that, watch out!! The ride is like silk at 80MPH. The paint job is one of the best I have ever seen. The attention to building detail makes my former Volvo look embarassing. You notice the small things on detail over time (like the hangers in the trunk for groceries packed in plastic bags and the A4 manual compartment under the steering wheel, to keep you glove box empty and ready for anything you want. Finally, I just began to really use the triptonic manual shift and it is a hoot! You are in complete control of the car!

A good performer
By Pauly on 12/25/05 13:45 PM (PST)

2005 Audi A4 Sedan 1.8T quattro Special Ed. AWD 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

We've had this car for about a year now and it's growing on me. I wasn't crazy about the car at first because the gas mileage was so terrible for a 4 cylinder. The car is very solid and I feel very safe in it. The AWD is awesome. It's my first car with AWD and I don't think I'll ever go back. This car is amazing at high speeds, in the snow, rain, etc. Handles like it's on rails, doesn't sway, very stable, no rattles, etc. It handles better than my C5 Vette. 4 cyl, turbo is ample. Has more pick me up in the sport mode on the shifter. We just test drove a new 06 Lexus ES250 AWD and the Audi drives and handles better. It made me appreciate the Audi more.

WOW
By Audi Lover on 09/24/05 13:56 PM (PDT)

2005 Audi A4 Sedan 1.8T Special Ed. Fwd 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

For anyone looking for affordable, fun, upper end car. The audi A4 is the car, I was shopping for german car with lots bells on it and the A4 was the car for me. I am a big Honda and I traded my Honda v6 for the A4, I felt that Audi is the higher end of a honda that will last you and run for ever and you pay for what you get. I could have gotten a bmw if I wanted to pay for all the standard options on that already came on the Audi. My next car will be the new A6.

Amazing machine
By Audi4life on 09/09/05 16:46 PM (PDT)

2005 Audi A4 Sedan New 2.0T Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

I purchased my Audi A4 2.0T fully loaded back in June of 2005, the car is stunning, the engine, even though it is the base engine, is beautiful to drive in sport mode, the interior materials are the best I have seen compared to friends who have BMWs and Mercedes C classes, gas is a bit costly if you drive fast and long trips like i do but well worth it, the sound system is also the best within the other german sedans, this car is definitely worth its price.

Excellent Audi
By CarMan on 08/28/05 14:37 PM (PDT)

2005 Audi A4 Sedan 1.8T Fwd 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

This is a truly splendid car to drive. The turbo-lag takes a while to get used to, but it has ample power and torque. The build quality, interior design and instrumentation are superb.The road-holding is very good: a firm, sure-footed ride. The backup (I have had one minor problem) has been exemplary. I strongly recommend the Audi. It might not have the 'glitz' appeal of the BMW, but it make up for it with its 'solidness'. Remember to compare this particular model with the BMW 320i or with the Mercedes C200 - not with the BMW 230i or Mercedes C240.

the key to Audi
By paul on 08/18/05 15:11 PM (PDT)

2005 Audi A4 Sedan 1.8T Fwd 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

Lovely car, excellent to drive good to own and the residuals are great. its my third new one in three years, but they have got to sort out the key fobs. they keep on failing and are driving me batty. Paul