1993 Audi 90 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 90 model:
Audi 90 quattro * V6 2.8L*
By Anonymous on 12/06/10 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Audi 90 CS quattro 4dr Sedan AWD

Perfect car. Mine have 350,000 km and still runs like a new one!

Great Car
By Excelent Car on 12/10/09 11:23 AM (PST)

1993 Audi 90 CS quattro 4dr Sedan AWD

After I wrecked my old truck I bought my Audi 90s. It was lowered with specialty tires and sport suspension. I love this car. It does great in the snow and I live in a place were it snows a lot. The only problem I have had with it is a small coolant leak. This car is extremely fun to drive and is reliable.

Still blitzing over 200,000mi!
By f1chunk on 11/09/08 22:49 PM (PST)

1993 Audi 90 CS quattro 4dr Sedan AWD

Purchased in '06 with 180,000 mi on original clutch and engine. Still running strong, now over 200,000. Replaced leaky water pump and overflow, that's about it. Zippy 5-speed sticks to the road in any condition. Burns tire tread pretty quick, and rubber is expensive on this car. Interior looks like it could be on current model year vehicle; climate control, heated seats, contemporary styling. Sporadic electrical trouble with fog lamps, reverse lights, dash lights. Fun car.

Audi
By choleric on 07/29/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Audi 90 S 4dr Sedan

This was my first car, ive always been an audi enthusiast so i was pretty when i got this car for such a low price. Nothing really wrong with the car, runs smooth looks great.

audi 90 Q are fun to drive
By turboaudi on 09/03/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Audi 90 CS quattro 4dr Sedan AWD

The features on this car are simply amazing even though its dated now. The interior on mine is leather and it is very durable, just take care of it like anything else and it will last. There are some improvements that can be made to this car that can make it even more fun to drive. Such as a bored throttle body which helps low end torque. RS2 ellipsoid headlamps to improve vision at night considerably. Also changing out the suspension is something that I did to improve handling. This car comes in FWD and Quattro but I had to get the Quattro. It rides quiet and I am very happy with mine.

Fun car, but HORRIBLY unreliable
By JDukakas on 07/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Audi 90 S 4dr Sedan

This car has been nothing but a major problem. It was fun to drive for about 1,000 miles after I bought it, then the troubles began. In a span of about 6 weeks, I experienced a blown head gasket, ruptured CV joint, and an oil leak as well as problems with the alternator, fan belt, and coolant leaks. This car is appealing at first glance, but it has a history of these problems. BUYER BEWARE.

Fun to Drive, but full of problems
By Schradog3 on 06/08/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Audi 90 CS 4dr Sedan

I purchased my 90cs with about 60,000 miles on it and had problems from the start. Within a couple months, the oxygen sensors and catalytic convertors went and were the first of many problems to come. The list of replaced parts includes: cat. convertors, oxygen sensors, clutch master cylinder, starter(2) , ignition, brake caliper, water pump, thermostat. The mileage now stands at 112,000 and the car is finally on the selling block. Several other problems have developed including the roof fabric sagging, the drivers side interior door handle no longer working, and a constant clicking noise that occurs when accelerating during turning, supposedly from the heat shields.

the best car for the money
By awd_drift on 05/15/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Audi 90 CS quattro 4dr Sedan AWD

I did some minor repairs to front brakes and suspension bushings, but those are wear items on every car. Repairs were done by myself-a person who never done repairs on any car, just read instructions online. It's fun to drive, but mostly on the frictionless surface! I did autocrosing and car performed very well. In my area I saw only 9 more cars, which makes me special and people are usually surprised when I tell them that my car is not a 2001 model. I've heard about Audi dealers not being nice, but I never had problems because b4 I go to the dealer I do homework. There are online support groups availabe, so its easy to get help.

my review
By scott4 on 03/14/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Audi 90 CS 4dr Sedan

This car was bought for me by my parents. The guy we got it from was asking 6k, but we knocked it down to 5200 because of a cracked windshield. Fuel pump, power steering rack, and cv boot needing repair within a year. not too bad for a 10yr. old audi The ride is very fun. It's by no means fast, but it I consider it quick. The 5spd combined with the v6 is a pleasure to drive.The car has plenty of options for being 10 years old, including power sunroof, locks, windows, power driver seat, heated leather seats, and climate control. Sure its not quattro, but its a hell of a car.

Fun Ride
By jfalcon on 02/17/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Audi 90 CS quattro 4dr Sedan AWD

I purchased this car with 58,000 miles. I had one problem and the dealer took care of it, a main seal leak between the engine and the tranny. Otherwise I have not had a single problem. The tires on this car go every year a half, at 180 a tires it isn't cheap, but hey it's and Audi! The car drives like it's new. You can cruise at 95 and it feels like 65. I won't give this car up for awhile.