2006 Acura RSX Type-S - Consumer Reviews

Type-S 2.0L 4-cyl. 6-speed Manual - (44 reviews )
[violative content deleted]
By dilbones on 11/21/11 04:28 AM (PST)

2006 Acura RSX Type-S Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I bought the car for 3000 dollars less than the Blue Book value from a dealership in the Philadelphia Area. It came with 70,000 miles and it was in wonderful condition. The exterior flows-- it's designed so well and it looks so sexy! It's so smooth. By the way, mine's red. ;) I like simplistic interiors similar to that of the '98 Hondas. My family has owned four generations of Accords, and I love the older looking interiors. This car's interior is simplistic, yet futuristic, and that's why I love it. The slip angle at all four corners of the car was designed perfectly, and with MacPherson Struts, I was surprised at how perfectly this car corners. Fast, sexy, and reliable. 5 stars

Great Car
By Brian on 10/02/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2006 Acura RSX Type-S Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Great car in every way, very fun to drive, some road noise but its still a sports car so whatever. No problems since i bought it, car has 20k more miles and runs like the day it came out of the factory.

Good overall value for the money
By Ed on 06/15/10 11:13 AM (PDT)

2006 Acura RSX Type-S Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

This car has a nice combination of fuel economy, reliability and performance. That said, it does have some negatives. Mine came with red paint that after 4 years was severely faded. Had it repainted. I'm 6' and of average build and weight and found the seats very uncomfortable. I'm also an upholsterer. I rebuilt and reupholstered the seats in a faux suede (were leather). They are now comfortable. Like most Hondas, excessive road noise. I completely removed the interior and applied sound deadening materials. This insulated the cabin to outside noise, but road noise will still be transmitted into the cabin. The project goal: create a luxury sport coupe. Goal shortfall: road noise.

Fantastic all round sports car
By David Lee on 03/29/10 12:00 PM (PDT)

2006 Acura RSX Type-S Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I am a mature driver and really enjoy the performance AND practicality of this vehicle. I've owned the Civic Hatch, Honda Accord, this one is my favorite by far! - with two small kids, they easily fit into the back and think that the car is a riot. - the hatchback proves invaluable on trips to Home Depot and running errands. Lots of room for sports gear! - when I feel the need for speed, IVTEC gets me up to an illegal speed in short order, and the handling is superb - Fuel economy is pretty good even if you occasionally open it up. - the interior is well appointed and has an upscale feeling Now the bad: - due to the sporty suspension, there is the occasional dash rattle

Great car overall
By Honda Guy on 02/09/10 14:57 PM (PST)

2006 Acura RSX Type-S Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Great car overall. A few minor set backs. Water would leak into the rear taillights before update was performed. The sunroof is extremely loud and sends hurricane winds into the car when open since it opens outward and not into the body. Your rear passengers will hate that Special feature but its funny. Due to these cars stiff sport suspension they do rattle a lot since they are rough over bumps, small bumps are the worst. Now for the good stuff. By far the most fun car I've ever owned. Always fun, always exciting from day 1 to day 1275. The ride feels very stable and secure. Power: your friends won't believe its only a 4 cylinder. As a Honda employee for over 9 years this is a great car.

Great Car
By Sean on 07/01/09 12:48 PM (PDT)

2006 Acura RSX Type-S Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I bought my White Pearl RSX Type-S back in 2006 right before they were discontinued. I unfortunately have to trade in due to expecting child...I love this car and would recommend it to anyone who enjoys and would appreciate a fun, reliable compact sports car. Acura really hit the nail on the head with the exterior design. My only complaint is the 201 bhp. If it had around 260 bhp I would have been much happier so I could smoke those cheap SS cobalts and SRT- 4's you see all over the road. In all the car is great and I am sad to see it go. If I could I would definitely keep the car. Sound system is unbelievable; handling is great; car is just perfect to drive since I put 30k/yr on it.

Doesn't get any better for the money.
By Reggie on 09/22/08 07:36 AM (PDT)

2006 Acura RSX Type-S Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I leased this vehicle in March 2006 and is due back this upcoming March, so plenty of time with the car. Great looking, reliable, quick little car. I have the black pearl and it looks beautiful when clean. 17" wheels support the handling. This car handles unlike any other I have ever driven. 210 HP and still getting over 30 MPG on the highway with Bose 7 speaker system. $275 per month well spent. Never had an issue with it through the 37k it has to date. Back seat it kinda tight so I don't recommend it for a family vehicle or if plan to have friends in and out. Seats keep you nice and firm when driving but not the greatest to take a lunch time nap in during work hours. Highly recommended.

Best Lookin Bang for your buck!
By MiKoLoR on 08/01/08 10:03 AM (PDT)

2006 Acura RSX Type-S Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

So much fun to drive. The fastest N/A 2.0L inline 4 on the market. I love corners and quarter miles but hate speed bumps, steep driveways and large pot holes. Amazingly reliable and takes the beating of burnouts and high revs! 8100 RPM redline!

Great Car
By Brandon on 04/11/08 18:26 PM (PDT)

2006 Acura RSX Type-S Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

The RSX type S is a great all around car. The exterior looks awesome. Engine is great. Has plenty of power in the top end. The midrange suffers. Interior design is nice. It's a simple design, but I still like it. Sound system is great. I wouldn't change anything about it. Transmission is one of the best I've driven. Throws are quick and light. Great feel. Pedals are good for heel-toeing. Brakes are nice and strong. Seats are awful. They support you well but will hurt you after about an hour. This car feels nice and solid, is pretty fun to drive. Plenty of interior storage space. Hatch has plenty of room for luggage and other junk.

Awesome car!
By Tomcat01 on 03/22/08 17:27 PM (PDT)

2006 Acura RSX Type-S Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I have been driving this car every day for about months and haven't had to take it to get worked on once. While having a good amount of power you get good fuel mileage, can't beat that.The baking power is amazing the car will stop on a dime The RSX holds its value witch is good. This is my first car and I feel i made the right choice.

1 2 3 4 5 next »

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.