Good Combo of Comfort and Performance
By LFOV on
2003 Acura RSX Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)
When I started looking for a replacement for my VW Passat, the RSX wasn't even on my short list. I was ready to buy a Subaru WRX - until I drove one. By chance, I stopped in at my local Acura dealer and test drove an RSX Type S. I came away VERY impressed with the overall package. It has reasonable performance (it's a SPORTY car, not a SPORTS car), good comfort and amenities and is a tremendous bargain for what you get. As Honda was also offering low-rate financing, I couldn't pass the deal up.
Favorite Features
My favorite feature would have to be the overall performance. Shift it below 6k, and it's like a very comfortable Honda Civic. Wind it out to 8k, and it becomes a completely different animal. It's the best "Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde" car I've ever owned.
Suggested Improvements
1) The transmission needs improved synchros. 2) The Bose stereo is anemic and not worthy of the name. 3) Handling in extreme situations can be quirky, with a "loose" feeling front end. 4) The car NEEDS a limited slip differential, especially in the snow.