Skip to main content

$52,850

Save as much as $1,288
Select your model:

Pros
Cons
1 out of 5 stars

Underwhelmed

SadVolvoOwner, 09/13/2021
updated 12/29/2021
T5 4dr Wagon AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

Completely Disappointed in the Volvo B6 Model Why? Features that were available in previous year models are no longer available in the B6 Engine Models. (For the record, I have recently leased a 2022 Volvo S90 B6. This website’s drop down menu doe not provide an option for my vehicle. So I had to click something to continue on the site) What’s No Longer Available: - Apple CarPlay - SiriusXM - In-Car WiFi (Hotspot) (This feature may not ever be available) - Remote Start (This May not ever be available) - The Volvo Car app is No Longer WiFi enabled (Bluetooth Only) - Activate/Deactivate Rear Sunshade from the Driver Seat - Can’t Deactivate the Start/Stop Feature I’m told that some of these features should be available later in the 4Q (12/2021). Maybe. While these features may not be important to some, these ‘convenience’ features are very important to me. Not only should I have been aware of these missing features prior to leasing the vehicle, but why would Volvo release a product to the public that isn’t ready. This is a $65k car that doesn’t have the basic features of a car half its price. I’m very upset and will never purchase another Volvo again.

1 out of 5 stars
2 out of 5 stars

Good car, almost great

South Florida Volvo Convert, 04/06/2022
B6 Inscription 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Twincharger gas/electric mild hybrid 8A)

This review comes after about 6 weeks of use. I am really impressed with the car overall. It has tons of great features and makes excellent use of it's considerable length (I also have a corporate lease on a Chevy Impala, which is about 1 inch longer, and the Volvo's interior feels far roomier). I love the looks (though I wish they left the dual exhaust visible). Enough has been written on the tech's design flaws but I found them not quite as bad as many have written. I do think the difference is mostly down to driving it for a short stint (to write about it) vs driving it all the time. A new tech flaw for MY 2022 is that the new Google system seems to be 100% reliant on cell coverage for its computing powers (vs some onboard processing). For reasons unknown, the cell service has been sketchy at times in South Florida. You should also know that the Google Play Store available in the car is NO WHERE NEAR the same as the one you can access on mobile devices. There is no Pandora, Waze, or may other apps you might expect. Taking out Apple Car Play/Android Auto is a HUGE step back (the kind that should cost whoever approved it their job). The driving dynamics are very much consistent with other cars in the class that I have driven. It doesn't feel quite as quick, but it has more than enough pep to get you into any merge lane you need. Highway speeds are really quite in the car and it is a very smooth ride (even on 35 profile tires) I love one of the two gage clusters (the one with the maps) but the other is underwhelming. The one I prefer has very easily read information and the screen is flawless under all lighting conditions. The HUD works well and is not cluttered (you cannot wear polarized sun glasses with HUDs in general). The trip computer is marginal at best, however. I cannot find a readout of what each tire's pressure is (you only seem to get a light that a tire is low and then you have to hunt for the offending tire). I'd love to give this car 5 stars, but it just needs a bit more pep and Apple Car Play is a 100% must have. Google's automotive platform is not the same caliber (not talking about Android Auto, but rather this car's Google OS). One final note: We passed on Audi because South Florida dealers wanted above MSRP (like so many); our local Volvo dealer was not doing that.

3 out of 5 stars