Used 2011 Volkswagen Tiguan Consumer Reviews

Used Tiguan for Sale
Select your model:
12345...7

Pros
Cons
2 out of 5 stars

Will never buy another VW

jjf, 08/14/2018
SE 4Motion 4dr SUV AWD w/Sunroof, Navigation (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I just had my Teguan 2011 in for the timing chain tensioner replacement and a NEW TURBO...almost $5k worth of work at 61k miles. VW would not honor warranty for 60k miles because it is 7 years old. The timing chain had not failed but when the turbo failed I decided to change out the tensioner before it failed. The mechanic ( at an independent German auto repair shop) said the tensioner was ready to go. This is after multiple times in to the shop for other failures. I bought it used at 10k miles. I never felt it had good acceleration even though it was a turbo. My initial complaint was that it doesn't have the weight needed to maintain traction on snow covered roads. We live in Michigan so this was an ongoing problem. I bought snow tires and my husband actually puts bags of sand on the floor of the back seat...to add 200lbs of weight in the winter. It's a cute cross over but sure has bad mechanicals. Also the navigation system has never worked properly. I just hope after spending all this money in repairs I get a few good years out of it. I will never recoup the money I have in this Teguan. Sure hope the class action suit against VW for the failing timing chain tensioner is found in customers favor so that repair money can be regained.

1 out of 5 stars
3 out of 5 stars
3 out of 5 stars
1 out of 5 stars

3.25 out of 5 stars

Losing the love

ray85158, 02/23/2012
SEL 4Motion SUV AWD w/Prem Nav, Dynaudio (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

When I first got my Tiguan, I really loved it. However, that is beginning to wear off. My biggest concern on buying a VW is slowly coming true. Electrical gremlins. All of these are intermittent issues so this is going to be fun with the dealer. The back lighting on the right side of the gauge cluster is out sometimes. The radio/nav has now frozen up about 10 different times. The keyless system is flaky. About one out of 10 start ups it says the key is out of range. About 50% of the time I cannot open the rear hatch with the key in my pocket.

4.63 out of 5 stars

Love the Tiguan

Hectares, 09/16/2010
SE 4Motion 4dr SUV AWD w/Sunroof, Navigation (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I just got mine, but I was sold 10 minutes into the test drive. It accelerates nicely with minimal turbo lag, handles well on curves, and is very comfortable to sit in.

3.5 out of 5 stars

First VW and my last VW

hanoverpark, 04/24/2012
S 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I bought it new and liked it but it has been in for repairs 3 times in the 2 years I have had it. The first 2 times were under warranty, now I have to pay for this one ($741). When you buy a new car you just don't expect repair bills this early. I was very optimistic with my first VW, sadly I think they are junk as many people advised me.

Love this Car

Daryl Short, 10/30/2015
S 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

The Turbo makes all the difference, Great SUV!!!

12345...7