Used 2011 Volkswagen Tiguan Consumer Reviews

Used Tiguan for Sale
Select your model:
12345...7

Pros
Cons
3 out of 5 stars

Shake....Rattle ....Roll

Mike Coleman, 08/26/2015
S 4Motion 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

There is something going on with the Tires......BRAND NEW TIRES......And the Shake....Shake ....and Shake....Have been Balance by everybody....Belle....Discount....VW....Everybody....Now I told that Continental Pro-Contact is a Poor Tire for the Tiguan....It won't stay Balance..I have been to the Dealer 3 Times in 2 years...Plus to Belle Tire and Discount Tire. They all tell me it the Tires and Volkswagen knows about the Problem and won't do anything about. I was told UN-OFFICIALLY, That when I need tires....Buy Michellin. They ride better I'm told. If VW knows Continental Tires are bad then swap them out. Why make me suffer for 2 or 3 years waiting for the tires to wear down.....Hey Volkswagen REMEMBER FORD/FIRESTONE.....I'm Going to keep writing about this problem.

3.5 out of 5 stars

fun to drive but will cost you!

nymom2, 10/12/2011
S 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

We have leased our Tiguan for almost a year and it is a very fun car to drive - zippy, responsive, excellent in the snow. Our biggest complaint is the gas millage. Our 2003 Honda Pilot needs less refueling. Also, the cloth interior get messy very easily. It sounds like a petty complaint but the car always needs vacuuming. After four months we had an electrical issue that was covered under the warranty. It made me glad we leased, not purchased the car. The trunk is not big enough to hold a set of golf clubs. My husband finds the driver's seat uncomfortable. As far a styling goes, this is not a poor man's Audi A5 but a souped- up VW Golf.

5 out of 5 stars

Best In Class!!

robloe30, 02/24/2012
SE 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I normally read reviews, not write them but after noticing all the poor reviews the Tiguan has gotten lately I felt I owed the car some "REAL" opinions. We bought our Tiguan in May of 2011. I gotta admit, I thought it was just "OK" at first because after all it is my wifes car. We were replacing an 09 Honda Pilot EX-L because the Pilot was just too dang big. My wife wanted something smaller, and she seemed to always admire the VW. The Tuguan now has 6,200 miles on it and I couldn't be more impressed with the car! The engine is just absoultly amazing and a blast to drive. It seems like I found out soemthing new about the car everyday, truely amazing! just an absolute head-turner! Love it!!!!!

3.25 out of 5 stars

Tiguan problems

melbvw, 11/09/2011
SEL 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Purchased a Tiguan in Dec. and it has been in the Service dept. numerous times for a clunking sound. Have replaced front drive axle, then next trip complete transmission in which I waited 4 weeks for. Now car is back in shop again for clunking sound when putting in gear and no one can seem to find the issue. Sad to pay this much for a vehicle and this happens. Would not recommend this car until all the bugs have been taken care of.

3.63 out of 5 stars

Six letters....DSG & TDI

Rickallen, 09/12/2010
SEL 4Motion SUV AWD w/Prem Nav, Dynaudio (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I was initially impressed with the amount of room in this car. I'm 6'4" and to have the driver's seat comfortable and be able to tolerate sitting behind myself is rare. Drawbacks: One, this car needs a DSG transmission. The 6-speed auto feels elastic and "gummy". Getting back in my Jetta TDI with DSG felt like night and day. Two, the TDI engine would be the perfect combination of torque and efficiency for this size, yet it's not available. With DSG and TDI combined this would be an amazing vehicle, yet VW won't sell it here. A real shame because without those the car is mediocre. I'll gladly pay the cost diff to have them. Listening, VW?

12345...7