Used 2011 Volkswagen Tiguan Consumer Reviews

Used Tiguan for Sale
Select your model:
12345...7

Pros
Cons
1 out of 5 stars

Money Pit

RM, 03/22/2016
SE 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I bought this car for the reviews of safety and reliability since my daughter would be driving the car. It started with problems at the first 25 miles of driving and has not stopped since. 2013 every warning light started flashing on the car- Result: the fuse box melted and had to be replaced. Covered under the extended warranty, later to become a recalled. 2013 Red fluid leaking-Result: Line to transmission was placed in the wrong place when car was manufactured. The line had to be replaced and rerouted to a new location. Covered at $100 extended warranty 2014: Engine light and car vibrating: Result: Faulty Oxygen Sensor $100 under extended warranty 2014 Engine light on: Result: Fault O2 sensor $100 extended warranty 2014 Engine Light and car violently vibrating: Result: misfire Faulty coil on #4 $100 extended warranty 2014 Engine Light and car violently vibrating: Result: misfire Faulty coil on #1 $100 extended warranty 2015 Engine Light and car violently vibrating: Result misfire on cylinder 3 and excessive carbon build up. Was told the cars are built to only be driven on the autobahn. NOT covered under extended warranty paid out of pocket 2016 Factory Radio completely went blank. Only partially covered under extended warranty, the rest out of pocket 2016 Engine Light and car violently vibrating: Result all 4 coils misfire....Replaced under extended warranty $100

4 out of 5 stars

4.13 out of 5 stars

Tiguan Rocks- No Buyer's Remorse Here!

stevef20, 06/16/2011
SE 4Motion 4dr SUV AWD w/Sunroof, Navigation (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Bought my Tiguan in Nov, 2010. Driven 15K miles to this point. Wanted an SUV for the AWD, but didn't want a tank. 4Motion handles outstanding in snow, sleet, and rain. Panoramic sunroof is awesome. Engine accelerates smoothly. I haven't experienced significant delay as others have mentioned. Strong engine with sufficient torque at low RPM's. To summarize: Excellent SUV! Somewhat pricey ($31,630 + tax), but I've experienced zero issues with vehicle since purchase. German design and build provides value not found in domestic vehicles at this point, IMO.

This Car Rocks!!

apl123, 05/27/2011
S 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

The Lease on my wife's Rav 4 was coming up so we finally decided on the Tiguan. I neve owned a VW and I have to say that this car to me and my wife is far superior in quality, fit and finish, acceleration, style, overall feel, than the Rav 4. Yes we did sacrifice some trunk space but kids are grown so it didn't matter. The passing power is like a 6 cylinder and really moves thanks to the Turbo and More importantly the 6 speed transmission which is not offered by most of the competition.We got the S 4 Motion and the Standard Equipment was more than Japanese cars offer,Blue tooth,aluminum wheels and privacy Glass to name a few. The interior is gorgeous!! My wife loves it, happy wife happy life

4.75 out of 5 stars

Very Solid SUV

HowieD, 09/10/2010
SE 4Motion 4dr SUV AWD w/Sunroof, Navigation (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Previously owned cars, Audi A4, Acura TSX, Passat 3.6L 4Motion. The Tiguan is a very solid auto, fairly quiet for an SUV. It actually rides nicer than the 2006 Passat previously owned. Gas milage is running 26-27 on the highway, 90% highway miles so i can't comment on city mileage. The car is a little pricy compared to others in its class range but just knock on the doors of the others and you'll notice the difference in build quality. Tiguan gets the best crash ratings, very important to me. Substantial power for a 2.0L. I would recommend this car if you are in the market for a small SUV. The Bluetooth works very well. The nav is acceptable, and the Ipod connect is great.

2011 VW Tiguan fully loaded

KThomas, 02/23/2019
SE 4dr SUV w/Sunroof, Navigation (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

This car was up for sale at our local car dealership. It is quiet and dependable. This one is fully loaded with panoramic sunroof, memory seats, heated seats, headlights that follow the road and turn on at side when turning a corner, it has all the luxuries of navigation, many air bags located throughout the entire car, wonderful sound system with Sirius radio ... there is just so much good to write about this car. It's Solid. We did have to change to winter tires from the Pirelli's that came with the car, but we can switch back in the summer. The car hugs the road, with grace. I have had it up to 148 (out of 160 mph) on controlled race track, she shines and loves going fast.. no joke, it can handle it and ask for more. Steering is precise and just right. Not loose. I cannot say enough good about this car. Only con that I have is it is silver and I would have preferred blue! LOL.

4 out of 5 stars