Used 2010 Volkswagen Routan Consumer Reviews - 32 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Volkswagen Routan Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Routan model:

everything that could go wrong with this car did.
By ggd

2010 Volkswagen Routan SEL Premium CARB 4dr Minivan (4.0L 6cyl 6A)

Transmission went out at 55,000 miles. Dealer would not cover it. Transmission broke 4 more times. Car in shop for 1-2 werks with each repair. Ignition went out-twice. Electronics went out. Key didn't work-had to be replaced. Warranty covered NO REPAIRS.

The Worst Car ever
By Matt

2010 Volkswagen Routan SEL CARB 4dr Minivan w/Rear Seat Ent, Nav (4.0L 6cyl 6A)

I had VW Routan 2010 SEL. I trade it 3 days ago with Honda Odyssey. First VW cheated us for putting its name on it. It is one of Town Country. My mini after 30000 miles got a lot of problems. I ll stay away from any Volkswagen forever. I do not trust them

The Worst Car ever
By Matt

Routan
By PETE MASICH

2010 Volkswagen Routan SEL CARB 4dr Minivan w/Rear Seat Ent, Nav (4.0L 6cyl 6A)

One of the best vehicles for ride and comfort I've even been in. We had a problem with the brake rotors when we first bought the van, had larger rotors installed and never had problems after 93,500 miles and still going. Good van fun to drive.

DISAPPOINTMENT.
By Gil Tigno

2010 Volkswagen Routan SE 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

Big disappointment about reliability of the mini van that was relied heavily as family vehicle especially in transporting our grandkids to and from school. The van was purchased in 2010 (new) and the first safety concerned was a vibration of the body when the brake was applied. Problem was fixed as a factory defect and later we have to take it back to dealership for a number of alarms in the instrumentation panel.
Lately, we noticed a white smoke coming from the engine, and had it towed back to the dealership to replaced a part of the cooling system that caused the coolant to leak. Unfortunately, this repair is not covered by the extended warranty and we have to pay over $600. Question is....do we have a lemon on our investment? I would not recommend buying this model to anyone.