Used 2008 Volkswagen R32 Consumer Reviews

Used R32 for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...10

Pros
Cons
4.63 out of 5 stars

fun but could have been better

AJ, 12/28/2007
2dr Hatchback AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6AM)

The R32 is quick and fun to drive, but I expected more improvements over my 2004 R32. I think the 04 had a better exaust and certainly got better mileage. The seats seem cheap compared to the 04 which had stitching on the R. It just seems VW did less than was expected after having an 04. Maybe the GTI has gotten far better and the R32 needed to excell even more. I also had an 20T GTI with DSG. Compared to other cars the R32 is above the crowd.

4.5 out of 5 stars

Total sleeper!

Bio Two, 03/21/2009
2dr Hatchback AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6AM)

I tested both GTI then the R32 on the same raod and same driving style. If it was not the price tag, it will be a no brianer R32 is the one. I picked the R32 anyway. This car is super fun to drive. After getting used to the car and start pushing it, I was shocked that how much a $33000 car can do! Especially on wet road, this car car pretty much beat any moving object on the road! If you can totally master this car, you can out run most of the higher power cars on the market even with the only 250bhp. I often play with my co-worker's BMW 335i, as long as there are some turns, he will has a hard time to catch up. The sweetest feature... Lanch Control!!

My Pocket Rocket

J. Channell, 12/30/2007
2dr Hatchback AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6AM)

Very cool and at the same time conservative in nature just by its looks, however, press the gas pedal and it bcomes my pocket rocket. Great integration of controls and ease of use while driving.

R32 Senior

JoneR32, 12/16/2009
2dr Hatchback AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6AM)

Was researching for a sports sedan/coupe with AWD, stability control, full air bags & side curtains, and being reviewed as quite respectable in the performance, safety, and handling categories-- safety being first. I found a certified low mileage [6650] R32 in Naples, FL via Autotrader and negotiated a price over the phone-- $23900 + tax & title. Have since added 8000 miles, and they were all driven with a smile on my face. The R32 is a great daily "sports" driver, esp. in city traffic due to the excellent DSG tranny which is left in auto 100% of the time, per the tests that one can't shift as fast as this tranny in manual mode/paddle shifter or console. 21.5 MPG overall--26+ MPG hwy.

First 1500 miles

Randall, 02/11/2008
2dr Hatchback AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6AM)

This car is everything and more than I expected. Great fun to drive, very comfortable, excellent build quality. AWD is awesome and the sound of the engine is intoxicating. Fuel mileage is so-so but improving on every tank. Has risen steadily to about 24 mpg on last tank, mostly interstate driving at 65+ mph. DSG is very nice, smooth almost seamless shifts.

12345...10