Used 2017 Volkswagen Golf Consumer Reviews

List Price Range

Used Golf for Sale
Select your model:

Pros
Cons
5 out of 5 stars

Simply BEST in Class!

Alock, 12/11/2016
TSI Wolfsburg Edition 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

This will be my 5th VW (4 prior Jetta's 1-Base Model, 1-GLX, 1-GLI & 1-TDI) This is my favorite. Why? Because what you receive for you hard-earned money & in my case the Wolfsburg Edition Golf. I picked up mine yesterday afternoon after ordering the M/T in Tornado Red with Black interior. I'm only 200 miles in, but I'm in love. What's not to like? Peppy engine, solid fuel economy, fun to drive, insane interior quality, excellent internal technology & of course the price. This automobile is pretty loaded overall. The TDI scandal worked in my favor. After returning my vehicle, I received a check on the spot, turned around & gave it back to VW & paid cash for the rest. Oh & right now VW has a $1000 customer loyalty program right now. Consider my review semi-biased, but do yourself a favor & look @ what the 2017 Golf has to offer. It's a winner

Fantastic Car For The Money

CheapoYromantico, 07/09/2020
TSI Wolfsburg Edition 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

We bought this car 3 years ago and now have about 39k miles. We chose the 2017 Golf Wolfsburg Edition because it included all the advanced safety features - emergency braking, rear cross-traffic warning, etc.- in a low-cost car. The bonuses: Incredible performance, keyless entry/ ignition, and a sunroof included! This is a highly refined car as VW has been making it for so long. It is quiet and handles well, yet the suspension is not at all harsh. There are a few features that the German engineering makes confusing, but ultimately you realize is better than the standard way of doing things. Downside? You pay for all that performance with gas milage below other small cars. We average 27mpg; 31-32 on longer trips. Not bad, but not great, either. On the other hand, we're fairly aggressive drivers. (Freeways = 75-80 mph....) The only problems we've had are that a headlight and license plate bulb gave out at 36k miles. The squareback design gives quite a bit of storage (especially with the split fold-down backseat) compared to other hatchbacks. An excellent car. Highly recommended!

The perfect car for me!

John Pawlik, 08/16/2018
TSI S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I've always liked small cars but this has a large car feel where you want it. My 1st new car was a 77 Rabbit. This has the same quickness and agility of the old one. This one is much more powerful and quiet. Both are so much fun to drive. Parking is a snap. Plenty of room for me the Mrs., the 50 lb dog and the grandson in the car seat. I was shocked to see my gas mileage was well above government ratings when I wasn't playing Mario Andretti. Highway I'm getting 40+. I just love this car...… I wanted a manual originally like my 77 rabbit but the Mrs. convinced me to get the AT. You won't be disappointed. PS... It has a CD player, a huge plus for an old man like me.

4th vw

Bill P 518, 06/08/2017
TSI Wolfsburg Edition 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Golf Wolfsburg White with Manual tran. Great car. Replaced regular golf that was 3 weeks old and totlaled. Prior 03 Passat 1.8t wagon. Prior 08 Passat 2.0t sedan. Always had good comfort reliability and performance in VW. Apple car play is great. Nice car inside and out. Bought at Fussilo vw in Schenectady Bill Watson was most helpful and a pleasure to work with (twice due to other new one being totaled, no injuries )

Dub Life!

Ben M, 03/14/2018
TSI SE 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I focused my car search on the Golf to replace my Jeep Patriot. While I appreciated the Jeep's 4WD, the trade-offs in my mileage on my long commute, loud interior, and questionable fit and finish led me to look at a replacement. Having sold Audi's in the past, I was very familiar with the VW and Audi brands and knew that they provided a very high level of fit and finish, and overall quality that I would appreciate on my commute. Although the 2018s had all the additional safety tech available/standard, they looked a bit boring compared to the 2017 SE. Main selling point for me was the Fender audio system and the sunroof, and given the leftover deals on the 17s it worked out very well. Compared to my older Acura ILX, the Golf blows it out of the water in terms of ride quality, NVH, rear seat room, and even the ELS audio system. Fender is 10/10. Cargo space is pretty good, as is rear seat room. It obviously isn't a Passat, but the Golf makes a great all-around replacement for a smaller SUV/CUV like my Jeep. The gas mileage so far has been stellar.