Skip to main content

$29,880

Compare dealer price quotes
Select your model:

Pros
Cons
5 out of 5 stars

Amazing vehicle. Definitely the best daily driver

Tommytom, 04/03/2022
SE 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 7AM)

First daily driver under 50 K. I love everything about this vehicle the way it feels just sitting at a stoplight. For the thrill you get when cornering. The golf in my opinion has always been a touch under powered but hey how much power can you expect from a four-cylinder engine and a car that’s the size of a large go kart. Infotainment system took a little bit to master but once you figure it out it’s awesome having all those options within reach. Everything that needs to be turned while driving is right there on your steering wheel. Any tweaking you need to do outside of that you will probably want to pull over anyway. Connectivity is super fast. Not sure why everyone is hating on the infotainment system I think it’s way better than most of them out there. And the fact you don’t have buttons and knobs makes you feel like you definitely bought an upscale vehicle. Every time you put it into drive you’re definitely satisfied with the money you spent. Overall I give it a nine out of 10. Because there’s always one little thing you wish the car dealer could anticipate the consumer wishing for but at the same time nothings ever perfect. In my mind this is as close to perfect as you will get in a gas powered vehicle. Great job by Volkswagen. Also I currently own a jeep wrangler a Dodge Caravan and a Toyota Corolla. Previous vehicles include Hyundai Alantra, a civic SI, and a Volkswagen rabbit. One exploring other car manufacturers post Volkswagen rabbit I regretted each purchase and was excited to return to Volkswagen

5500 miles and still having fun

Tim is Making Great Coffee, 05/07/2022
Autobahn 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 7AM)

I have owned many cars the last few years, all of them just to take me from Point A to Point B. But then the pandemic struck and I realized life needs to be about fun. I own a electric vehicle and from a budgeting perspective, it make a lot more sense to drive the electric - especially since I get free electricity. But look I haven’t traveled as much the last few years and being inside has driven crazy. The electric car or should I say appliance just got me from Point A to Point B. I work hard and I deserve the fun of driving, and since I don’t have money for a Porsche right now, then the GTI will have to do. Actually I could have waited for the Golf R but didn’t know how long wait would have been, and between the extra cost of premium fuel and higher insurance with Golf R - the GTI made better financial sense. It is much better suited for a daily drive than the R. I have now put 5500 miles on it, going to month number 5. It is the funnest car I have owned.

Good Car but!!!

Salah Balboul, 01/01/2022
Autobahn 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 7AM)

This is for a 2022 Golf GTI Autobahn review. I'll start by saying I am not a pro car reviewer or paid to review the car. I purchased this car on Dec 24, 2021. Depending on your expectation, you could be very happy or somewhat disappointed with this MK8 generation car from VW. The Good: Nice overall design, a bit longer than prior MK7 generation, car is reliable, packed with nice features, plenty of leg room. You can fit 4 adults somewhat comfortably, although the back seats are not designed for those 5.9 plus. For passenger in front seat, plenty of room. The ride is comfortable, nice safety features (e.g. lane departure warning, proximity warning). Good gas mileage. Automatic transmission is very responsive, car hugs the road, in all honesty overall the car is fun to drive but with conditions. The bad: If you are expecting strong acceleration from a car with 241 HP and 273 ft/lb turbo powered 4 CYL engines, I'd say you will need to adjust your expectation. There is a noticeable turbo lag. The car simply lacks power for its class. You will need to floor the gas pedal for some 2 seconds before the engine comes fully responsive. The Information/Entertainment system is like dealing with a mini tablet. Way too many menus, sub-menus. It is a learning curve for sure. For some reason or another VW engineers elected to over design this interface, for whatever reason. Personally I think simpler and less complicated is much better for a sporty hatchback. Is the car worth $40K price tag? Not based on what I have seen so far. If VW Golf is your thing and want better performance, then wait for the 2022 Golf R or consider other Honda Type R or the Volester.

Bangin’

Logger333, 07/08/2022
SE 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Best car I’ve ever had!

Not a MK7

Isobar, 07/09/2022
SE 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Totaled my MK7, naturally the new GTI was my go to choice. I should’ve stayed with the old model. Performance and driving dynamics are solid. Styling is very handsome. That’s where it stops for me, the infotainment system and lack of buttons is infuriating. The MK8.5 will be close to perfect if VW takes an evolutionary approach rather than the current revolution. Won’t be keeping this one.

1 out of 5 stars