Used 2015 Volkswagen e-Golf Consumer Reviews - 16 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2015 Volkswagen e-Golf Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific e-Golf model:

No more ICE
By Minka vB

2015 Volkswagen e-Golf SEL Premium 4dr Hatchback (electric DD)

Never go back to internal combustion engine(ICE)!! Electric is here to stay and will get better every year.

Gas free diet!
By P Adl

2015 Volkswagen e-Golf SEL Premium 4dr Hatchback (electric DD)

Range is not that great, but everything else is! I test drove most of the smaller EVs, the Fiat, the Smart car, the Leaf, the BMW, etc. The best handling/driving one was the e-Golf. So I got it and have been driving it now for a year and three months and enjoying it more every day. I work very close to home and one charge can keep me going for around two weeks with a few excursions, i.e. driving to shops and running errands (all close). I did manage just over 105 miles with level 3 regeneration, and max limited power but it was slow going. VW has free charging at their locations and I use them since one is close to my home and if one is on my way, I stop, charge and catch up with emails using their WiFi. I find it to be the most practical of all the smaller lower cost EVs out there because it is roomy, comfortable, reasonable luggage capacity, with all the bells and whistles I could want. The 2017 has better range, 120 Miles is what I was told. That would let me drive to San Diego easily (if I spend the night to recharge)!

e-Golf is a fraud.
By angel bou

2015 Volkswagen e-Golf SEL Premium 4dr Hatchback (electric DD)

- Customer service won't help unless your attorney calls.
- My e-Golf broke the 4th day and it's been being repaired for a month now. Still waiting. They don't even know what's wrong...
- No loaner provided. No compensation. But yeah, I keep paying the lease despite not driving my car for a month
- Buy a Volt, a Leaf or a Tesla. Don't even think on a e-Golf. Don't ever consider a Volkswagen.

Time Delayed Charging Feature-Forced to Use CARNET
By Marc Hartranft

2015 Volkswagen e-Golf Limited Edition 4dr Hatchback (electric DD)

The ONLY gripe with this car is VW's insistence that one must use CARNET software interface to enable time delayed charging feature@!!

Talk about greedy!! Once the free use period runs out, they will begin to charge to use this web interface.

Why would VW set up the car to not be able to support Level II chargers which support time delayed charge start times??

The dealer was "uninformed" or unwilling to disclose the limitation.

e-Golf is an unreliable nightmare
By John Smith

2015 Volkswagen e-Golf Limited Edition 4dr Hatchback (electric DD)

This car does not charge properly. The range is a complete lie. It might be able to go 50 miles on a charge - nowhere near the range of the lie on the sticker. Acceleration is abysmal. I had a leaf that I traded in and am so sorry I did. VW has been a complete nightmare to deal with. Both the dealership and horrible people at VW customer service. If you want a crappy car that will leave you stranded, from a horrible company, you should immediately get an e-Golf.