Skip to main content
$35,950

Compare dealer price quotes
Select your model:

Pros
Cons
4 out of 5 stars

Definitely a big change

Adam J, 02/10/2022
Platinum 4dr CrewMax SB w/5.5' Bed (3.5L 6cyl Turbo 10A)

Well, I traded in a 2021 Sierra 1500 Duramax for the 2022 Tundra Platinum. I will say, the Interior is a big step in the right direction. Truck overall has a lot of awesome features and upgrades. You definitely do not feel like you’re in a V6, it has amazing power and rides very smooth. Sometimes I honestly forget I am even driving a truck. ( Not sure I like that feeling.) I miss the truck like feeling I had with the Sierra, i’m crazy I know. The Infotainment system has some areas that need to improve, example before you put it into drive you need to select your profile in order to use things like navigation. If you choose to turn off Apple/Android CarPlay in constantly pops up a window that says connection failed. Extremely annoying. Remote start is setup a little goofy. When you remote start and walk up to your truck and unlock it, it turns the truck off and you need to restart it again. Toyota says this is a security feature. GMC had that figured out pretty easy, you need the fob in order to drive away. I miss the trifold tailgate. I do love the panoramic moonroof, 14 inch screen is beautiful and the ambient lighting is really cool. Overall for this being my first ever Toyota, its very nice and a well built truck. Consul safe is a win and the ventilated rear seats and back window sunshades are awesome, especially living in AZ. I will be patient and try to adjust to some of the difference from my previous truck. Overall you get a ton of luxury and comfort for the price you pay with the Platinum and I think that’s a big plus.

2022 Toyota Tundra Platinum

CC, 07/12/2022
Platinum 4dr CrewMax SB w/6.5' Bed (3.5L 6cyl Turbo 10A)

I recently switched from and older 7.3L F-250 to the 22 tundra platinum edition and am very pleased with the truck although I did have some concerns. Obviously I was concerned with the power but let me tell you, this truck moves and has plenty of power to tow boat/trailer while maintaining the comfort and drivability of the vehicle. My biggest issue with the tundra is the start/stop functionality and the PCA (pre collision assist system) - Start/stop: I understand the concept of this feature however no matter what technology is introduced having your vehicle turn off when approaching a light after a long drive cannot be good on the engine, starter or the turbo. I wish there was a way to disable this permanently. Each time you turn your vehicle off, when you start it again, the start/stop system defaults to on so I have to turn it off every time I get in my vehicle. Not the biggest issues but something that does bother me -PCA: I think this is the biggest bug in the Tundra and is going to hurt someone. I've already informed the dealer and have submitted feedback to the manufacturer. The PCA system will sense if the truck may be getting to close to the vehicle in front of you, or if you or pulling into a parking spot with a bush in front, you sometimes have to pull forward a bit so you aren't sticking out. Well this system doesn't differentiate between a bush vs a wall and will systematically trigger the brakes locking them up not allowing you to pull forward. This is my biggest pain point. One day I was driving and was about 100-150 yards away from a red light and was coasting to the stoplight around 30MPH. The light turned green and knew by the time I got close to the car in front of me, they would be moving forward so braking wasn't needed. Well, my truck had other plans. All of a sudden, the truck sounded these very loud beeping alarms, "BRAKE" in red flashed on my dash, and the truck overrode my control and locked the brakes throwing me forward bringing me to a complete stop in the middle of the road at a green light. Both my dogs in the back seat were also thrown forward and my 12 year dog injured his back leg and hasn't been able to go on a walk since. In addition, the car behind me almost slammed into me because my truck auto enabled the brakes in the middle of the road at a green light. It honestly scared the hell out of me as I've never had anything like that happen. It's now happened 3 different times now and is incredibly concerning. This seems like a critical recall to me. I now disable this system before I leave my driveway. I know my comments above are focused on the negatives of what I don't like. However those are my only two issues. Other than that, I love everything about this truck. Drives and handles like a dream. I've had the truck now for 6 months and am averaging 17-18 mpg. I'm light on the gas pedal and once you get to moving speed, maintaining that speed definitely helps with MPG.

Limited. Tons of features Gets looks everywhere

TruckedUp, 05/02/2022
Limited 4dr CrewMax 4WD SB w/5.5' Bed (3.5L 6cyl Turbo 10A)

Picked up this dealer ordered Limited with premium options added with virtually no mark up in California for just about 63,000 after the person who ordered it apparently couldn't qualify for financing. It was built in mid February 2022 so earlier production run wastegate issues from the supplier we're not a problem. Included 20 inch wheels with dealer added BF Goodrich offroad tires, four-wheel drive, panoramic sunroof, multitude of trailer controls, adjustable rear air suspension, adjustable rear loading height, heated and cooled 8 way powered front seats in softex which is actually better than leather because it won't fade as bad and it won't absorb UV rays and retain heat the same way as leather. The 14in infotainment screen has got to be seen to believed. Got the upgraded JBL sound system which makes the lower bitrate satellite signal sound amazing. There are certainly improvements that could be made and I have already received one software update which smoothed out a few glitches. Some minor things are a bit frustrating but nothing you can't get used to easily.. For example when you turn off the engine the radio turns off. They should allow the radio to stay on for at least a few minutes if you don't manually shut it down. The screen power-up time is actually not as slow as it seems but I think it could be quicker and when you add the fact that sometimes you just want to sit in the truck and listen to the radio with the engine off it can be a little annoying to restart it, but it's only a few seconds. I don't know why it isn't automatically recognizing the key fob every time and making me manually pick my profile but I think software updates will resolve that. You have two choices for automatic seat adjustment. There are buttons on the driver side door and also you can program them in your profile. The remote start from the app is hit-or-miss but that could have to do more with the internet connection. I found it didn't work from my den but when I went outside it worked and then when I returned it back to my den it worked. As for the key fob remote start it works fine you just have to press lock three times in quick succession holding on the 3rd press for about seven or eight seconds. The fact that the truck then turns off again when you unlock the door is a bit annoying the Toyota says it is a safety issue. Either way with remote start cooling down the cab the few seconds it takes you to get back in and restart the vehicle shouldn't result in any loss of the cool environment on hot days. Personally I don't like Android auto. Even though having it wireless is unique, the interface that Android has designed is terrible . I would like to see Android carplay let you mirror your phone the way it shows on your phone and allows you to use all of the apps on your phone. By the way, if you want to use your Google Assistant instead of using Android Auto you just need to choose the audio source as your phone then you can just use the Google Assistant if you don't like the Toyota assistant. You do not need to pay for the AT&T subscription to continue to use the web-based Toyota assistant for navigation and basic internet questions although the network sometimes doesn't work because they are getting the bugs out. I'm not sure if it is a satellite-based system but it does work without paying for the AT&T subscription. Once again I'm sure software updates will resolve this over the short run. The only real reason you need to pay for the AT&T subscription is if you are using Amazon music or Apple music through the Toyota assistant and if you want a hotspot. I have found there's no reason to pay for that because if I want Amazon music I will just use the app on my phone and also my phone can be a hotspot. I might change my mind on this later but for now I don't see it as a necessary subscription expense. The navigation screen works great and for me I manually set screen to night mode because I find the white screen a bit annoying great it would be nice if they offered different colors of backgrounds for the daytime instead of a glaring white. One of the coolest things I like about these types of Toyota's is the completely lowering rear window makes it almost like driving a convertible with all the windows and the panoramic sunroof open. If you're camping in your truck bed with a bed tent, access to the cab is that much easier... besides the dogs love being able to bark at people behind me. This truck is quick. Let me tell you putting it in sport mode will blow your mind. Of course the gas mileage is nowhere near what you would hope a V6 would be but with the horsepower and towing capabilities I can't say it really matters that much to me, but if you get up to speed right away and take it easy afterward you probably can get 14 in the city and up to 21 in the highway on eco mode. I prefer to get up to speed in normal or sport mode and then take it easy on the throttle. When I'm at speed on a straightaway or freeway I keep it in eco mode so that it stays in the higher gears and saves gas because it already has momentum. Combined city and highway has been around 16 up to 17. Nowhere near as good as advertised but then who lives on a straightaway? I manually added some OEM running boards. There are YouTube tutorials on how to install them. Very easy. I'm going to be a tonneau cover and it looks like the OEM trifold for my short bed is the best route for security and looks. I will be adding the TRD skid plate in the front and perhaps the metal blackout letter inserts for the Tundra imprint in the back of the truck. Considering a Ford Raptor is over a hundred thousand dollars and although it does have many tremendous qualities including a fancier interior and a bit more horsepower I still think the value for what you get in this Tundra is much much greater and delivering a very similar experience. At one point I was looking at getting a Ford Tremor but the dealer markups were crazy. If I decide to go off-roading a lot more than planned I can always upgrade my suspension and lift the vehicle more although I don't see it as being necessary since it already has a very aggressive stance. Highly recommend this truck. Remember all the whining and complaining you're seeing online is from people who are expecting miracles from Toyota in this redesign. Sure there are some misses, but as the years go by you will find that the reliability and the looks of this truck will stand the test of time versus its competitors

Build Your Tundra
At a Glance:
  • 4 Colors
  • 3 Trims
  • 6 Packages
Build and Pricetoyota.com
Prototype vehicle shown with options using visual effects.

3 out of 5 stars

65k but still lacking some basics.

Eddie Armstrong, 02/22/2022
Platinum 4dr CrewMax SB w/5.5' Bed (3.5L 6cyl Turbo 10A)

2022 Truck looks and drives great. Does not feel like a V6. I try to drive conservatively and I’m struggling to get 15 miles per gallon. Window sticker says 17 city and 22 highway. Currently at 1800 miles on my Platinum and haven’t seen 17mpg once which is disappointing. Also, there’s a SRS airbag malfunction warning that randomly comes on. I’ve been unable to make it to the dealer when it happens but plan to take it in soon. I love the truck but for 65 grand the back doors should unlock by hand like the front. Back doesn’t even unlock when I touch the driver side handle. Only the passenger. Very frustrating considering this should be standard for a plat. Our 2018 land cruiser has it so it’s super noticeable.

Amazing Changes

Wade M, 06/07/2022
Limited 4dr CrewMax SB w/5.5' Bed (3.5L 6cyl Turbo 10A)

First off, I'm learning that the people who are giving these trucks negative reviews are just ol school pissed off Tundra owners who are mad because the V8 is gone, so they take small problems and go on social media. Like the ""wastegate" issue. That was not even a big problem and the issue was quickly addressed by Toyota (Simply a batch of bad parts *note* you haven't heard of it since). It was just a pissed off guy that went to social media and it went viral. BTW, Toyota fixed his truck.This is my 1st Toyota period and I came from Ford and Nissan trucks. I thought the Nissan Titan was the best truck ever, until I bought this Tundra. Ok I will admit there are some things that they should have done differently, but none of them were deal breakers. Like tow hooks, bed step (included). This is a awesome truck and it will continue to sell. I love mine and I not concerned about the reliability of it. Toyota doesn't build junk, they build high quality vehicles. People need to understand that times are changing. The old stuff is gone and the new is beginning. If I'm gonna trust any manufacturer with new tech, it would definitely be Toyota. If you like the truck, buy it! It's a great truck! I plan on having mine for years to come. ...If you trusted Toyota in the past, I'm sure you can trust them now. STOP LISTENING TO THE NEGATIVE STUFF ON SOCIAL MEDIA! YOUR GONNA MISS OUT ON A GREAT TRUCK!