Used 2008 Toyota Tundra Consumer Reviews - 178 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Toyota Tundra Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tundra model:

my 2008 Tundra is still going in 2018
By Sean L. from NC

2008 Toyota Tundra Tundra Grade 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I bought my Tundra new in February 2008. It is a base model however it is still a very comfortable vehicle. The new vehicle reviews from that year were spot on, occasionally the automatic transmission shifts a bit clunky, but otherwise its a rock solid truck. In 10 years I have put money into a new radio, tailgate handle and a wiring issue. All other costs have been to maintain general wear and tear. At about the 4 year mark I had a fuel pump issue that the dealer warrantied even though they were not required to. as a 2008 mine is one of the years included in the frame rust class action issue. I had one place on the frame that I had repaired however I live in NC and do not have the frame issue that warrants being a part of the class action. My maintenance to date costs have been very reasonable. Overall this truck has been a rock solid purchaser that I am very grateful for. I have four kids and college costs etc. so I am planning on taking this truck to 300K. At 10 years old and almost 200K, I still really enjoy driving it.

Tundras are tops
By Erik

2008 Toyota Tundra SR5 4dr Double Cab 4WD LB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

This truck is Solid. My model is a well thought out work truck. Nothing fancy. Coming over from bigger trucks (1 tons, 2/4 tons), I absolutely Love the ride and handling for a heavy duty 1/2 ton. Four wheel drive w/ the limited-slip rear dif and traction control off is key for where it’s driven. It’s also aging well with 150k and zero issues/ normal maintenance only. I’ve always driven GM, Ford and Chrysler trucks - and I gotta say, this Texas made Japanese truck is every bit as well made as the Detroit trucks if not better, and if you run your truck long and hard miles and put it up wet, then you won’t be disappointed in this loyal workhorse.

Great truck.
By Bill

2008 Toyota Tundra SR5 4dr CrewMax 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Loved it so much I just traded it in for a 2018!

Tundra is tops
By Emmett

2008 Toyota Tundra Tundra Grade 4dr Double Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Very reliable. I have driven this 2008 tundra 245,000 miles with minimum repairs (water pump) other than normal maintenance items. Good quality and very quiet interior. Still no rattles and everything works just like it came off the showroom floor. Turning radius is great and handles very well in town or on the highway. Great acceleration and power with the V8. I love it and will keep it forever.

Money pit
By Chipapotamus

2008 Toyota Tundra Tundra Grade 4dr CrewMax SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Rear wheel bearing, left intake manifold, head gaskets....Never have had do any of this in any prior vehicle. I pulled a 2000 lb popup camper for about 6000 miles over a 4 year period. Do research on owner forums and speak to mechanics b4 purchase.