Used 2008 Toyota Tundra Consumer Reviews - 181 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Toyota Tundra Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tundra model:

5.7 iForce single cab short bed is where it's at!!
By Peter

2008 Toyota Tundra Tundra Grade 2dr Regular Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I bought this 07 truck used @35,000 miles at CarMax back in 2010 after I got tired of searching for reasonably priced Tacoma PreRunner. Mine is quite a gem. It is a limited run 5.7 RWD Single Cab. Toyota quit making these babies in 08 after two measly years of production due to poor sales and inflated price. But let me tell you, this thing is awesome! the acceleration is amazing!!! I try not to abuse this truck but it's hard not to as it is so much fun to drive. I maintain this thing religiously (to justify my heavy foot) and I just clocked in 108,000. Not a single thing wrong with it plus I keep it super clean so it still looks like new (few paint chips on the front hood. That's it) Lousy MPG, No blue Tooth and navigation is the price you pay for owning an 11 year old truck but I am not giving it away as they don't make them anymore. I will have to replace radio pretty soon as it's starting to act weird. I don't tow and I don't haul so not sure how it will fare doing so. It is a short wheel base so probably poorly. but it does burnouts like a mother@#$% so who cares. A true spirited sports truck. TRD makes in house supercharger for these babies that puts them at 550WHP (whaaaa!?) and retains factory warranty.

Tundra .. the best
By Shep

2008 Toyota Tundra Limited 4dr CrewMax SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

You will be able to tow your toys in safe comfort with ease of mind

2008 Crewmax SR5 5.7 L. V8
By Scott

2008 Toyota Tundra SR5 4dr CrewMax 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I have never owned a more reliable truck. I owned this Tundra from 2008-to-2018 and never took it to the shop for anything more than general maintenance. My family of four is very comfortable in this truck. We pull a small camper and boat, and it tows like a champ. My only complaint is the gas milage (especially when towing) and rust setting in on the rear wheel-wells. Trading for a 3/4 quarter ton diesel, but I'm afraid I'll miss this Tundra. Thirteen year old son wants me to keep it for him. Wish I could afford to do that.

my 2008 Tundra is still going in 2018
By Sean L. from NC

2008 Toyota Tundra Tundra Grade 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I bought my Tundra new in February 2008. It is a base model however it is still a very comfortable vehicle. The new vehicle reviews from that year were spot on, occasionally the automatic transmission shifts a bit clunky, but otherwise its a rock solid truck. In 10 years I have put money into a new radio, tailgate handle and a wiring issue. All other costs have been to maintain general wear and tear. At about the 4 year mark I had a fuel pump issue that the dealer warrantied even though they were not required to. as a 2008 mine is one of the years included in the frame rust class action issue. I had one place on the frame that I had repaired however I live in NC and do not have the frame issue that warrants being a part of the class action. My maintenance to date costs have been very reasonable. Overall this truck has been a rock solid purchaser that I am very grateful for. I have four kids and college costs etc. so I am planning on taking this truck to 300K. At 10 years old and almost 200K, I still really enjoy driving it.

Tundras are tops
By Erik

2008 Toyota Tundra SR5 4dr Double Cab 4WD LB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

This truck is Solid. My model is a well thought out work truck. Nothing fancy. Coming over from bigger trucks (1 tons, 2/4 tons), I absolutely Love the ride and handling for a heavy duty 1/2 ton. Four wheel drive w/ the limited-slip rear dif and traction control off is key for where it’s driven. It’s also aging well with 150k and zero issues/ normal maintenance only. I’ve always driven GM, Ford and Chrysler trucks - and I gotta say, this Texas made Japanese truck is every bit as well made as the Detroit trucks if not better, and if you run your truck long and hard miles and put it up wet, then you won’t be disappointed in this loyal workhorse.