Used 2010 Toyota Tacoma Consumer Reviews

Used Tacoma for Sale
Select your model:
12345...16

Pros
Cons

Tacoma issues

tacoma10, 02/21/2011
PreRunner V6 4dr Double Cab 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is the six Toyota I have owned......probably the last. Toyota dealerships/service has always been the weak point in my experience with Toyota. I am currently driving a 2010 Tacoma double cab. Nice truck, but has a couple issues. Number one is the transmission; it always seems to be "searching" for the right "gear", not a big deal, just slightly annoying. It has done it now for almost 15,000 miles. Second issue is the AC/heater blower motor. It has been making a ticking sound for months. I took it to the dealer in December. They told me the motor is bad and it had been recalled. A replacement was ordered, but as yet has not arrived at dealer. I have given up talking to dealer.

Good lil Truck

tacoma nerd, 09/07/2010
2dr Regular Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (2.7L 4cyl 5M)

I downsized from a full size truck with a V8 to the single cab Tacoma 4 cylinder - I lost interior room but gained great resale value and good exterior styling. The 2.7L has plenty of power for everyday use plus good fuel efficiency, averaging around 22MPG. I got the stripped down model w/ manual transmission - which is fun to drive around town and felt a lot smoother than the Automatic transmission. Overall very happy to be back in a Tacoma.

Buying ANOTHER

ricoman, 05/07/2018
V6 4dr Access Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Owned my 2010 Tacoma 4x4 Off Road since new in Nov. 2009...was a second vehicle,so only had 63K on it when I sold.Its been the best reliable vehicle I've ever owned,and besides changing the oil,only repair I ever had done was the AIR went out on it and I replaced the entire system at a cost of appx. $1400...Truck was never used Off-Road,so the off-road package was overkill for me,and will be buying a 2019 Sport instead of the Off Road.Its also been the best resale value of any vehicle I've owned...IF..you sell yourself...as with all types of car dealers,they really try to screw you,but with this toyota,they were the worst......You buy a Toyota for high resale value,yet they still try and tell you its not worth much...in my case 1/2 what I paid for it...and my truck was MINT....their offer was $14-$15K...HAHAHAHA.....I sold it in 1 day to first buyer for $22,750!!So...bottom line....yes..but the Tacoma...its a great truck....but dont deal with the dealers if your selling one..!!

Access cab, AC, Speedctrl etc package..

calletacoma, 07/05/2013
4dr Access Cab 6.1 ft. SB (2.7L 4cyl 4A)

Our first truck got it through a local car dealer as I traded in my VW 2.0 T Lemon (self disintegrating POS). Our Tacoma is fantastic with it's instant heat / AC. "Only" 159 HP, sure but it's 2.7 L engine produce plenty of torque. Mixed mpg was 21, which is great on a 2010 with 35K miles. Engine compartment looked in mint condition and the rest of the body had a few small dents / scratches. I'm keeping this car and adding a dew upgrades to it..

Owned many Toyota's but this is my last!

jscott418, 12/27/2010
4dr Access Cab 6.1 ft. SB (2.7L 4cyl 4A)

I decided to lease my Toyota and had all kinds of trouble with the dealer. It took 4 months to get plates, they messed up paper work and had to redo. They did not notify me of this. So its not been good. So now for the truck, its a DOG plain and simple. The 4 Cylinder engine has 30 less HP then my wife's RAV 4 which has a smaller 4 Cyl? The 4 speed trans is awful and when its in overdrive which happens way too soon I get a vibration because the RPM's are so low and the engine lugs. Who ever mated this engine with the transmission and programed it does not drive it! I have had trouble with a whine from the trans too but have not been to a dealer yet.

12345...16