Used 2010 Toyota Tacoma Consumer Reviews - 76 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Toyota Tacoma Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:

Best Taco in Town
By Shelley

2010 Toyota Tacoma V6 4dr Double Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Dependable, comfortable ride that goes for miles. And one of the best looking vehicles out there

The truck that my wife picked out
By Frank Millslagle

2010 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner V6 4dr Double Cab 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

We have had this truck for nine years and are so satisfied with it that we intend to keep it since it only has 34,000 miles on it.

Buying ANOTHER
By ricoman

2010 Toyota Tacoma V6 4dr Access Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Owned my 2010 Tacoma 4x4 Off Road since new in Nov. 2009...was a second vehicle,so only had 63K on it when I sold.Its been the best reliable vehicle I've ever owned,and besides changing the oil,only repair I ever had done was the AIR went out on it and I replaced the entire system at a cost of appx. $1400...Truck was never used Off-Road,so the off-road package was overkill for me,and will be buying a 2019 Sport instead of the Off Road.Its also been the best resale value of any vehicle I've owned...IF..you sell yourself...as with all types of car dealers,they really try to screw you,but with this toyota,they were the worst......You buy a Toyota for high resale value,yet they still try and tell you its not worth much...in my case 1/2 what I paid for it...and my truck was MINT....their offer was $14-$15K...HAHAHAHA.....I sold it in 1 day to first buyer for $22,750!!So...bottom line....yes..but the Tacoma...its a great truck....but dont deal with the dealers if your selling one..!!

Gen 2 Taco is the way to go!
By Jon

2010 Toyota Tacoma V6 4dr Double Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

A mid-year 2nd Generation Tacoma is the best for stable, reliable technology and comfort. The extra 4" width is a noticeable improvement. I really wanted to avoid the mammoth screen in the center dash too, since this would be an off-roading/ family camping vehicle. The 2010 I bought had a single-din stereo and a two-way radio already installed, in addition to some off-road improvements. Watch out for 3 major recalls in 2nd Gen Tacos: frame rust, rear leaf springs, and air bags... but if those aren't needed, these trucks are awesome!

*BEWARE*
By JASON

2010 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner V6 4dr Double Cab 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

With a known recall for the differential locking up for the 16's and 17's my diff locked up on the freeway with 68,000 miles 8,000 miles past the warranty. Let me tell you it was a scary ride, luckily I was able to regain control of the vehicle without rolling the truck at 65 mph and thank god my kids were not with me. I took the vehicle to Toyota to see if they would do a good wheel warranty. Even if they would have taking care of some of the financial damage would have been ok for me. Especially, knowing this is a issue for there newer trucks. They did nothing. This is how Toyota keeps there customers happy. I will never buy a Toyota again!