Used 2009 Toyota Tacoma Consumer Reviews - 133 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Toyota Tacoma Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:

9+ years and going strong
By Happy Trucker

2009 Toyota Tacoma V6 4dr Access Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have owned my Toyota Tacoma TRD Access Cab (4x4) since I bought it new in June of 2009. It is now September 2018. THE GOOD: Since buying the truck it has NEVER let me down! I have replaced the tires and front brakes, and continue to do oil changes at 5K mile intervals. Toyota has replaced the rear leaf springs and the frame under warranty. The truck always gets between 19 and 22MPG. THE BAD: Every time that I have the truck serviced at the local dealer (Norwood, MA) I regret it. They try to sell me things that I don't need and grossly overcharge for the things that they sell. Spark Plug change $300 - I did it myself for less than $50. Three hours to complete an oil change - I do this myself, and I lube the driveshaft, in under one hour. I could go on...

I run the crap out of it... love it. [loc. MI]
By Rough rider.

2009 Toyota Tacoma 2dr Regular Cab 6.1 ft. SB (2.7L 4cyl 5M)

I don’t wash it, don’t look under the hood [except to check/change oil], I don’t clean it, I dented it up, I don’t let it warm up.... in fact ...in the dead of the winter I am 5miles away with ice on the windows, I use it in the woods for hunting and fishing, trees broke off the antenna, likely o2 sensor is bad but I don’t care about the check engine light, it goes through water that comes over the hood, basically I am not easy on it at all. 105,000 miles. A leaf spring broke on drivers side ... Toyota [in Ontario, Canada] replaced both sides complete sets and arranged a rental truck for 9 days ...fantastic... didn’t cost me anything. Gas mileage is way better then my 95 six cylinder and more acceleration too. Trees rake the sides I’m surprised the paint stays on. Best news it never gives me any trouble always starts even in the dead of the winter. Truely amazing truck. I rip down logging roads catch a bit of air once in a while. I push trees out of my way, by the way the bumpers are bent. I bought the truck with about 20,000 miles so about 35,000 off road-swamps-logging roads-etc. 50,000 paved roads. Best truck I’ve ever run the crap out of.

My God truck
By Happy Stupid :)

2009 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Access Cab 6.1 ft. SB (2.7L 4cyl 5M)

Mine is a standard 4 cyl. That said it is 4 wd, access seats, Tacoma. It has the additional tire flares and tinted windows. It is a sporty cool, looking truck. It is my God truck, as I asked God for all of the amenities. And an affordable price and payments. I did preface my prayer that I would prefer it not to be white, it is white :) He answered all and much more. I have never been let down by Toyota and once again I am very happy. If you are used to a 6 cylinder the 4 will take some getting used to. Great gas mileage.

My God truck
By Happy Stupid :)

2009 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Access Cab 6.1 ft. SB (2.7L 4cyl 5M)

A dependable work truck, but a little under power.
By Ron

2009 Toyota Tacoma 2dr Regular Cab 6.1 ft. SB (2.7L 4cyl 5M)

Would definately recomend getting extend cab over reg cab, the seat adjustment is very poor for the bench seat in the regular cab, should have individual seats instead of the bench seat.