Used 2006 Toyota Matrix Consumer Reviews

$2,900

Used Matrix for Sale
Select your model:

Pros
Cons

Love my Matrix

wayne kaczowski, 01/12/2007

I previously had a 2005 Matrix. The dealership enticed me to stop by and consider a trade in. And I did. My first Matrix XR was the dark shadow grey. Now I have the dark blue which is really beautiful. I recommend the Matrix to anyone who wants a roomy car both in the front and rear seating areas. Lots of head room and leg room. I am 6 feet tall and these were 2 important factors. Plus I get an average of 30 MPG.

2006 Matrix 5spd

shartman, 01/28/2007

I truly expected more out of this 18,000 dollar vehicle. It is very roomy, good on gas and is a pretty color. That is about all I can say. I have had no major problems with it. The stereo sounds terrible. And the hydraulics that open the hatch don't work well. I have to push it up. I really expected more out of this Toyota. I also have to mention it runs like a car that is 6 or 8 years old. It idles very hard and rough for only having like 11,000 miles on it. Not what I expected!

All around great car

Pasta, 02/19/2007

As the title states... Bought the car for its mileage, dependability, and versatility. I'm a handy-man so hauling wood and other building materials is a fairly common occurrence for me. I also MTB ride often and being able to throw the bike and gear in the back or several on a rack for long trips with friends is also common. This car handles ALL of that with grace. The manual transmission is good. Shifting is positive, short throws. Acceleration is more than adequate. It's not a sports car (for 15 years, my previous car). You're in the wrong price range and class if you are expecting that type of handling and performance. Even still, the Matrix performs very well.

I love My Matrix XRS

tiffyJ, 03/21/2007

I fell in love with this car when it first came out. I saw it when I went to see a movie on the pre-movie commercials and fell in love and several years later I was still in love with it. I traded in my 99 4 door civic and I am so glad that I did!

LOVED it - but watch for SAFETY ratings

Kathi, 03/19/2007

I had my Matrix XR for almost a year. I loved it and had only two minor problems that needed fixing (plastic piece on underside broke and my key would sometimes stick in the ignition). However, my car was recently totaled in a low impact (only about 15 mph) accident at a four-way stop intersection where the other car (a Jeep Wrangler) decided to proceed into the intersection after I was already halfway through. He hit my passenger side at a relatively low speed. However the damage to the side of my car was pretty extensive, mostly in the front passenger seat. I thank God my kiddos weren't in the car! Just watch the ratings and get side impact airbags if at all possible.