Used 2006 Toyota Matrix Consumer Reviews

$2,900

Used Matrix for Sale
Select your model:

Pros
Cons

My husband wants a Matrix too.

M.J.DRAHL, 11/01/2006

Searched far and wide for a vehicle that I could manage back and forth comfortably to my professional job. Driving included highway and stop-go city traffic. My husband and I tested several vehicles to learn about interior, outward view all around safety and its road manners. The Matrix far exceeded all competing manufacturers. Toyota - always moving forward.

Awesome Car

JP, 11/06/2006

I stumbled into this car and whoa, I love it. The best of both worlds... sports car mixed with reliabilty, utility, and fun. This car utilizes Toyota's 2zz-ge engine, and boy does it go. The 6-speed takes some getting use to, as does the tighter suspension, but once you feel comfortable, look out. I have a hard time no wanting to push this car everytime I drive it. It's perfect for me because I can haul my kids, my band equipment and still be able to feel like a kid putting the pedal to the metal every once and a while. I love it!!

I love my Matrix!

Susan Roberts, 11/28/2006

We took delivery on our Toyota Matrix in February 2006. I love my Matrix! The car is comfortable to drive around town as well as on the interstate; lots of room for groceries, baggage, etc. It drives like a sports car, but has hauling capacity. And it gets great gas mileage. I couldn't be happier with this car!

Zoom-Zoom

Matrix Happy, 12/09/2006

I researched for this car configuration for 3 months. This car was just put on the dealership lot and had everything I spec'd out for this vehicle. The car was for my wife who is tiny and a school teacher as well as loves to drive a good sports car, this one is a great combination of both. We got all the whistles and bells including had leather seats added, beautiful car and extremely well priced for the total package compared to all others in and out of it's class, a real upscale but well priced car and it is a Toyota. The best feature is the ease to get in and out of the car, no pulling up just step in and out with ease and convenience.

Seems to have been an excellent decision

TEEJAY, 12/26/2006

Well with almost 16k on it now we haven't had one single problem! At first I thought my wife was crazy for wanting a 5 speed, but then I drove the Matrix. I love the intial acceleration that the manual offers. I leave all of those big gas hog SUVs sitting at the stop light and pass them again sitting at the gas pumps! We are averaging high 30s overall. On a long trip you can get over 40 mpg if you set the cruise at 70 mph. I plan on driving this thing well over 200k so I use synthetic motor oil and change every 5k when the maint. light comes on. I also installed a k&n filter which gives me a little more HP! Go Toyota!