Used 2006 Toyota Matrix Consumer Reviews

$2,900

Used Matrix for Sale
Select your model:

Pros
Cons

Solid and versatile

Northeast driver, 06/23/2006

I have owned the Matrix for a little over 8 months and living in the Northeast have driven it in all types of weather with complete confidence. I have found the ride comfortable and the handling enjoyable. The interior room is superior to many larger cars. And I feel the versatility in unmatched. Other reviewers have stated that the vehicle could use more power. Yes, more power would be nice, however, only if the MPG’s would increase or stay the same. I have yet to experience a situation where the engine power was not sufficient and most of my driving includes highway miles.

Great little car!

marie, 08/02/2006

I have researched all the cars in this class and I decided that I really liked the matrix better, it looked nice and has lots of room, we are a family of four that fit inside comfortably. Quiet ride and great handling and good on gas.

Happy Matrix Owner

Happy Matrix Driver, 07/31/2006

Bought to replace my wife's 1995 4-Runner 4X4 with many miles on it. Although we knew we were giving up power (from 6 cyl to 4 cyl), the Matrix has performed well for us. During wet roads or windy conditions, the AWD keeps the vehicle on the road. The windshield and windows provide excellent visibility. We have averaged about 24 mpg in the city and 31 mpg on the highway (2500 miles on the car in the 1st month), which is at least 50% better than the 4-Runner gave us. Overall we like the Matrix because it provides us flexibility: we can haul 4 or 5 people with decent leg room, or haul loads where the front passenger seat folds down. For the price, we enjoy driving this car.

Just what I wanted

Heron, 08/25/2006

I've owned the car for 5 months and enjoy driving it everyday. The ride and manueverablity are outstanding. Gas mileage is excellent. I just feel comfortable driving it.

a little rocket

jacob , 09/06/2006

i can beat many expesive cars on acceleration. It's a great fun to drive car. roomy interior, which surprises guests. the only things that bothers me it taking a coin from the coin slot under the handbrake is difficult and the digital readout on the dash of milease is too dim and too small. The outside body looks as if someone hit it when you approach it from certain angles. otherwise it's a bargain.