Used 2006 Toyota Matrix Consumer Reviews - 140 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Toyota Matrix Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Matrix model:

Best Car Ever!!!!!!!!!!
By Diane

2006 Toyota Matrix 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I love everything about my Pontiac Vibe! Has never given me a day of trouble. I religiously change the oil at 3,000 miles and all filters when needed. I have now 167,000 miles on this car. I brought it in for an oil change and mechanic asked if I wanted a tune up. I said you can check it. The result was, he said it didn't need one, the engine never skipped a beat. I changed the front rotors at 100,000 miles! Dropped a cheap battery in since it was new. I will be changing the muffler soon. That's it! It just keeps running like new. I love this car. Anyone complains about the drivability and acceleration are malcontents. What do they think its supposed to be a race car. The body has also held up well and it has never been garage kept. Can't beat this car!

Converted my Base Model Matrix
By Jimmy

2006 Toyota Matrix 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Bought this car last year from an owner in Irvine, CA. It was bone stock, I didn't like the way it looked because it's a base model. The car did not come with rocker panels, rear bumper nor front bumper lip. I want to give a shoutout to Toyota for "prewiring" this car, meaning all modifications can be installed because there are wires hidden inside the chassis. You just have to find them. I was able to install OEM power mirrors, cruise control on my steering wheel, fog lights, and the 115v inverter. Really happy that finding parts was not a difficult task because the Matrix shares OEM parts with the Pontiac Vibe and the 9th gen Corollas. If you guys have any questions or want to know more about installations for this car, please join our "Toyota Matrix Enthusiasts/Owners page" on Facebook! Thanks for reading! 10/9/17, So here's an *UPDATE* on what I did to my Matrix. I replaced the stock suspension with lowering springs from Progress (drops 2.2 F and 2.2 R), bought a rear bumper with spoilers and rocker panels from a crashed XR, replaced the clear tail lights with the 03-04 OEM Red tail lights, OEM mudguards, and a Rhino Roof Rack. There's so much more I want to do on this car but I have to learn to save money before spending. Next installation: 03-04 XR front bumper.

The zippiest little Toyota!
By John Appleton

2006 Toyota Matrix XRS 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

We have a 2006 Toyota Matrix XRS. It is a rare trim of Matrix, not a lot were built. It is one of the best cars I have ever owned. We have the 6 speed manual, because it is just simply more fun in the XRS. We have done 0-60 m.p.h. in 6.5 seconds! That's crazy fast for this kind of car. My only complaint is the rear seat cushion comfort. Not bad but not the best. Front are amazing. Maybe a leather option ? Great car!!

Best car I ever bought for the money!
By greg oloskey

2006 Toyota Matrix XR 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

PLENTY of room, great gas mileage, extremely dependable! Nice looking.

Best car I ever bought for the money!
By greg oloskey

2006 Toyota Matrix XR 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

PLENTY of room, great gas mileage, extremely dependable! Nice looking.