Used 2002 Toyota Camry Consumer Reviews - 348 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Toyota Camry Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

Never again
By James

2002 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought a used 2002 Toyota Camry with a hundred and thirty thousand miles it burnt oil like crazy every other week I was putting a quart of oil in it 600 miles only have the car 2 months and then the transmission blew out I junked the car and got $500 for it I will never buy a Toyota again my Chevy Cavalier lasted me 13 years and had over 200,000 miles on it

If you want a vehicle that lasts!
By Nancy Martin

2002 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This Camry is, by far, the most reliable vehicle we have ever owned. We've had a Ford, Chevrolet, & Chrysler vehicles before that, but now I am completely convinced Toyota is the best value. We purchased it new in 2002. I still drive it every day. It has 210,000 miles on it. We just replaced the catalytic converter and an oxygen sensor, because our mechanic believes the car will run soundly for several more years. This car had absolutely no mechanical issues until it was over 12 years old. We did replace the timing belt when suggested, as per "scheduled maintenance." Only once has it failed on the road...and that was due to the alternator in the 13th year, which is to be expected. If we have spent more than $5000 in repairs over the last 16 years, I would be surprised. We have replaced the brakes twice; the battery twice, replaced a chip in the air conditioning system once ($10.00 from Autozone); repaired (not replaced!) the exhaust system twice, replaced the alternator once, and now the catalytic converter and oxygen sensor. I generally still get about 24-25 mpg. I am considering shocks/struts, since I've decided to keep the car a few more years. I'd like to add that we are not good about vehicle maintenance and still the car performed well. The one thing I do not like about that car, is that the seats are not deep enough. But for this kind of reliability, I will put put up with that.

First year of Camry computer runs car
By Dalia

2002 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This is a dangerous car. This is the first year the computer totally controlled the accelerator and the brakes and they can fail. Toyota should pay to fix all these cars that are still on the road.

2002 camry xle
By sonya

2002 Toyota Camry XLE V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Great reliable, like any other car, as long as you take care of the maintainece and treat it responsibility it will last.

Great car?
By Harold Stark

2002 Toyota Camry XLE V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This car has been one of our all time favorites and we are now in our 70's. Very comfortable on long or short trips.