Used 2000 Toyota Camry Consumer Reviews

Used Camry for Sale
Select your model:
12345...16

Pros
Cons

347,000 Miles and still going strong

Paul, 08/09/2015
LE V6 4dr Sedan

I bought this Toyota Camry new from the dealer. I have never had any issues with this Camry. I have only had to do the recommend maintenance, and now with over 347,000 miles on it it is still running as strong as the day I bought it no oil leaks it is the best investment I ever made I will keep this car until it no longer runs and at the rate it is going I will expire before it does, best car ever built.

Most reliable car ever!

Diego, 09/28/2015
CE 4dr Sedan

I have a 2000 Toyota Camry ce automatic. It has been absolutely amazing, the acceleration is great and the speakers are really bass heavy and prime. It's also comfortable and easy to drive. This is one of the most reliable cars ever. You will almost never need any maintenance issues. It's also super practical because of it's big trunk. If you have an opportunity to get one you should do it, you will not be disappointed.

I know I'll never have a car made this good again.

Clay, 07/10/2017
XLE V6 4dr Sedan

I bought this 2000 Camry XLE as a certified used car from Toyota with about 25k on it. I had just been diagnosed with prostate cancer and i wanted to buy my wife a reliable car to drive if I wasn't around. That was over 15 years ago. I'm still around and so is the Camry. The only parts I have replaced (other than routine maintenance items) are the rear struts. They went bad at about 230k miles. The car now has 250k miles and runs, drives, and looks as well as it ever did. I don't know how far it will go, but I think now it could well outlast me.

The Best Vehicle We've Ever Owned

Nick, 10/22/2009
XLE V6 4dr Sedan

My grandfather purchased our 2000 Toyota Camry XLE V6 brand new in fall 1999 fully loaded with all the options and accessories: with only one option lacking: fog lights. I am happy to say no one has suffered as a result. It was effectively a Lexus ES. The 3.0L V6 engine in this car makes it the most responsive car I have ever driven. When I need to pass someone on the highway, it's a snap. I can't imagine having anything less under the hood. Yet it's so quiet at idle that I can barely hear it. This car can barrel down the highway at 80 miles per hour as smooth as silk. I will drive this car forever, or until it dies, which doesn't seem possible anytime soon. It's 100% reliable.

EGR valve

excamry, 07/18/2010
LE 4dr Sedan

At 88,000 miles the computer analyzed a faulty EGR valve. Replaced the valve ($170.00). The engine check comes back on. I took the the vacuum connected little valve right next to it out and examined it. The top comes off and it contains a little 1" diameter filter inside. Replaced the filter and check engine light was history. Sorry I spent $179 when a little foam filter from the lawnmower did the trick. Otherwise the carry has been a gem never a repair in ten years. This is for doityourselfers to save some money

Great Car!

suzie, 12/14/2009
LE 4dr Sedan

I bought my 2000 Camry new and it now has 110,000 miles and is still driving great! I do all the routine maintenance on it, regular oil changes, had the timing belt changed before it went out... as precaution. This particular Camry must have been well built. The only trouble I had was the battery went dead and I had to replace it. I'm looking for a new vehicle but can't hardly bring myself to buy one! I won't get rid of my Camry no matter if I buy a new car!

250,000 miles and going strong

Lauren, 04/04/2017
CE 4dr Sedan

Great reliable car! I have had this car for 17 years and it has had minimal problems, besides the normal wear and tear. Cheap to maintain, but must be kept up to get a fantastic lifespan. The power is not the best, but if you are buying a Toyota sedan you are buying for durability not power. Only problem arising is that I am starting to smell a burnt oil smell. Overall, a great first car with a lot of storage!

So far so good

Greaseman, 06/15/2010
XLE V6 4dr Sedan

I've only had this car about a year and a half. So far this car has been great. Only have had one problem which was that I needed to replace the starter at 106,000 miles. The dealer wanted $307 for a new starter. I found a new Bosch starter for $125. I love the V6 engine. It's very quiet and smooth and is a very good highway cruiser. The premium sound system is top notch. My mechanic told me I made a good choice and in his opinion the Camry is one of the best cars built today for the money. Gas millage is what is advertised as long as you don't get into the throttle. Got 27.2 mpg on a trip to Vegas. The large gas tank gives a good range between fill ups.

Most Reliable Car I've Ever Owned

topspin456, 04/07/2015
LE 4dr Sedan

I got my Camry when it had 90,000 miles on it and have put 70,000 miles on it in the past 4 years. During this time I have had no expensive issues. I just got new tires last summer and will likely need to replace the brakes soon for the first time. About 5,000 miles ago the driver's side door handle came off, which I guess is pretty common with this year of Camry. It's a pretty simple fix that you can look up on youtube though. My dad had a 95 Camry that he traded in at 290,000 miles and when he drove his new Impala off the lot he missed the smooth ride of his Camry. Toyota's are just well made. #1 in reliability in my opinion.

Satisfied Camry Owner

California Camry, 08/29/2010
XLE V6 4dr Sedan

A couple of years ago I used Edmunds in the process of selecting a used vehicle. I was impressed by the favorable remarks of countless Camry owners. Subsequently, I purchased a well maintained 2000 V6 XLE with about 90K on it. I have been very satisfied with this car. Rides nice, plenty of power with the V6 which I recommend to anyone who needs the extra power for highway merging and traveling up steep highway grades. Getting about 27 MPG highway with the A/C on. No problems inside or out. Recently had the routine 90-100k maintenance performed. Prospective owners should not skip this. Not a luxury or performance auto, but dollar for dollar the most reliable and practical sedan so far.

12345...16