Skip to main content
$33,895

Save as much as $1,396
Select your trim:
12345...14

We have a limited number of reviews for the 2023 Ascent, so we've included reviews for other years of the Ascent since its last redesign.

Fantastic engine, sketchy CVT

Joe Mama, 01/02/2021
2021 Subaru Ascent Limited 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

Pros: 2.4L Turbo engine. A far less spartan interior than Subarus are known for. Great head and legroom. Mostly quiet ride. Limited on up trims provide a manual mode with paddle shifters. Definitely a must for slow speeds and stop and go traffic. Cons: 20" wheels with 245/50 tires are harsh riding. A hesitant and indecisive CVT squanders the power band of the engine. Touchscreen is primitive, circa 2015. Annoying, too bright indicators for the compass and passenger airbags.

Covid and age

Thomas Beck, 11/02/2020
updated 11/03/2022
2021 Subaru Ascent Touring 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

Covid and age limited my driving the past two years. I have just 14,000 miles on this car. My Ascent has been trouble free, looks good and nice to drive. The negatives I have is the transmission (CVT) with unnatural shifting gears and the gas mileage. I get 18-19 around town and expected better. But it works well on regular grade gasoline. The interior looks like it should be in a Mercedes. I’m happy with my choice. Best 3 row SUV for the price.

Subaru did it again

Aimee, 01/19/2022
2022 Subaru Ascent Limited 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

Just recently purchased a 2022 Subaru Ascent and I am in love. We’ve had it on snow and ice already and just like all Subaru products this thing is a tank in inclement weather! The styling on the interior is comfortable and technology is up to date. The exterior is sleek and gorgeous. I love all the safety feature that Subaru provides for the safety of my family!

2023 Subaru Ascent
At a Glance:
  • 4 Colors
  • 5 Trims
  • 4 Packages
  • $33,895starting MSRP
BUILD & PRICESubaru.com
*MSRP excludes destination and delivery charges, tax, title, and registration fees. Retailer sets actual price. Certain equipment may be required in specific states, which can modify your MSRP. See your retailer for details. 2023 Subaru Ascent Onyx Edition Limited shown has an MSRP of $46,295.

Best car I've ever owned

Upstate1NY, 03/24/2022
updated 08/22/2022
2022 Subaru Ascent Touring 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

I have driven mostly SUVs throughout my life, and this vehicle is far superior to all the rest. The safety and convenience features available on the touring model are worth the extra cost. UPDATE: I am handicapped and need a walker. It fits well in back with the third row folded down. The car has many safety features which make driving a lot easier, for example, lane departure warning and automatic dimming of high beams. The only negative is a donut instead of a full size spare tire.

5 out of 5 stars

Great in snow and at high speeds

WickedPete, 07/10/2022
updated 01/12/2023
2022 Subaru Ascent Limited 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

We have had our Ascent for 13 months and have driven over 15k miles of mountain, city and highway miles on it. It has been flawless with everything we have asked it to do. Living at 8,500 feet in the Colorado Rockies, it has handled winter snow storms without issue. We have also vacationed through Yellowstone, Seattle and Portland (3,700 miles total). No issues passing on high speed 2 lanes, sometimes pushing significantly over the 70 mph speed limit. Very comfortable on a long trip. Only issue has been a bad battery, which Subaru paid for a new Interstate AGM battery. Negatives... Limited passenger seat only adjusts 4 way. Brakes could be a little better in the mountains. Android Auto is a bit quirky but works fine.

12345...14